The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .eXe
Ah thanks for that mate, really helpful. The reason I asked was because on the BSMS webpage at this link: http://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate/our-course/our-course-structure/

It mentions a few cities (towns?) where our placements may be and just looking at the map I can't tell if those locations are far from Brighton or if they are easily accessible everyday. Just wanted to check whether we can still do these placements while staying on campus. As international student, it's really important that I find out all possible sources of spending so I can budget accordingly (bank loans runs out quick :tongue:)

Thanks again and looking forward to september!! Have you joined the BSMS facebook group yet? I've joined but admin hasn't accepted me yet.

Also, hope we receive offer packs soon! I would really like to start looking at accommodations :smile:

hey just wondering how are yoou going to pay international fee's the amount they ask for is quite a lot
Reply 1321
Original post by chosen1_lbj
hey just wondering how are yoou going to pay international fee's the amount they ask for is quite a lot

personal savings + parents help + bank loans

It's going to be rough. I'll be around 200,000 CAD in debt at the end of it. Gives me the chills just typing that
Original post by .eXe
personal savings + parents help + bank loans

It's going to be rough. I'll be around 200,000 CAD in debt at the end of it. Gives me the chills just typing that

Wow, and home students though they had it bad! You must've been saving for half your life
Reply 1323
WOW! That's quite something.
Apparently its £130,000!!! CRAZY!!! You could buy a house with that money! A good house too!
Reply 1324
Wow, and home students though they had it bad! You must've been saving for half your life

Original post by diurno
WOW! That's quite something.
Apparently its £130,000!!! CRAZY!!! You could buy a house with that money! A good house too!

Haha yes! Lots of saving. Good thing my degree was pretty much entirely paid by scholarships and thankfully I was able to work through the degree and after so have some decent personal savings. Will still need quite a substantial loan because I don't come from an affluent family.
woo firmed BSMS :-) Anyone know when and how we choose our accommodation?
Hey all, Prospective medstudent here, Year 12.

Was just hoping to ask if you could spare a few minutes to fill out the Medics and Applicants Profile Thread - there seems to be a prevalent absence of BSMS this year, and as someone who is hoping to apply, I'm eager to know, who got offers, and their feedback!

I can't express how much the thread means to us prospectives, it helps so much in determining where we would like to study, and gives us an idea or where we have a chance, so if you have a few minutes to spare, I for one would appreciate it hugely. Cheers!
Good luck guys in your revision. Make these days count.:smile:
Original post by HarrietAC
aaaaah just got an offer, long wait since November interview!
Two interviews, two waiting lists, and two offers so happyyy

Well done! Were you on the BSMS waiting list?
Original post by andrewpeters
Well done! Were you on the BSMS waiting list?

Yeah I was :-) :-)

Are you on the waiting list?
(edited 12 years ago)
hey guys, jus wondering if i can change my decision on ucas when i've firmed something?
Reply 1331
hey guys, jus wondering if i can change my decision on ucas when i've firmed something?

within 7 days of the original decision, you can change it. after that its set in stone
Original post by HarrietAC
Yeah I was :-) :-)

Are you on the waiting list?

Ah sweet! Yeah I'm on hold, had my interview mid Feb, and should hear by the end of this month.. :P
Original post by andrewpeters
Ah sweet! Yeah I'm on hold, had my interview mid Feb, and should hear by the end of this month.. :P

Oh okay awesome, good luck- fingers crossed! :-)
Reply 1334
Original post by belle-a
#

Just wondering as you are the OP if you could perhaps add another spoiler in the first post for people that have confirmed their offers, both conditional and unconditional. Would be good to start talking to people you are actually/might see in 5 months or so.

So if everyone could either PM you, or just post below that they have firmed an offer (and the type of offer) so you don't have to go through the entire thread?

What do you guys think?
(edited 12 years ago)
To all the international students on here am just wondering if you all have some kind of sponsorships for your degree and how you were able to gain such sponsorship?
Reply 1336
Help! I am on the post-interview hold list and had my interview in Feb and I also have an offer from Manchester...

I am having a really hard time deciding between the two, they are both quite different, but I really like both courses. And I went on a Manchester offer day and it was great, but bsms have yet to reply to my offer and I haven't looked around there much (it's far away from me.) So I am favouring Manchester at the moment...

When will I hear back from them? How many people are on the post-interview hold list and what are the prospects? :smile: THANKS
Reply 1337
So, no one is saying how amazing brighton is... +1 point to manchester haha
Reply 1338
Didn't mean to be rude by the way, was just being sarcastic :P
Still looking for advice
Reply 1339
Has anyone on the post interview hold list heard anything else apart from te meeting the administrators say they are holding about it in 23 April? What are the chances of people on ths list getting offers? Can someone reply please :colondollar:
Original post by ZeeBurb
Help! I am on the post-interview hold list and had my interview in Feb and I also have an offer from Manchester...

I am having a really hard time deciding between the two, they are both quite different, but I really like both courses. And I went on a Manchester offer day and it was great, but bsms have yet to reply to my offer and I haven't looked around there much (it's far away from me.) So I am favouring Manchester at the moment...

When will I hear back from them? How many people are on the post-interview hold list and what are the prospects? :smile: THANKS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending