Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the chances are that everyone on the post interview hold list will be given an offer?:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruby10)
    What do you think the chances are that everyone on the post interview hold list will be given an offer?:
    In recent years everyone who's been on post interview got an offer in the end. But this year they've had so many more applicants it's hard to tell. What was your UKCAT by the way?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Have you any ther offers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diurno)
    I'm assuming you have a Conditional offer?
    I would apply in case you miss the conditions of your Firm offer. But you don't have to do it today! You have until the 8th of August!
    thank you! yep conditional offer is it first come first served in accommodation or like a lottery?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DSal)
    thank you! yep conditional offer is it first come first served in accommodation or like a lottery?
    Wait listers are ranked by UKCAT and offers follow that ranking
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Wait listers are ranked by UKCAT and offers follow that ranking
    hey there, no i already have an offer but i have put bsms as my insurance choice and received an email telling me to apply for accommodation so i was wondering if it's first come first served in accommodation and whether i do need to apply for it as it's my insurance choice if you see what i mean
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DSal)
    Yeah I believe it is first come first served basis - unless you have special circumstances i.e disabilities in that case you get priority. But bare in mind that medicine offers are given before other offers (generally) so we get a few more days to have a look at the halls and apply; also BSMS students are GUARANTEED a place at the halls (might not be your first choice though).
    I'm not 100% how it will work for you, but I'm assuming you should apply and then if you meet the conditions of your Firm offer you just call BSMS accommodation and cancel your accommodation contract. If I were you I would drop them and email, just to be sure.
    Hope this helps.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewpeters)
    Ahh I hear back next week!
    I'm on the hold list too, if their meeting is tomorrow do you think they will let us know tomorrow, as in that's why they gave us a specific date? or do you think it will take a while to process through ucas so maybe tuesday/wednesday? xx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hope they give us our replies by tomorrow, if what people are saying and that it is ranked only by UKCAT then it shouldn't take long after their meeting.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeeBurb)
    I hope they give us our replies by tomorrow, if what people are saying and that it is ranked only by UKCAT then it shouldn't take long after their meeting.
    hmmm i reread the hold list email and it says that the meeting on the week 'commencing the 23rd' so that doesn't mean specifically the 23rd and also it says we will find out the 'end on april', i don't know if the 23rd counts as the end hopefully really soon though! Also the UKCAT thing, i'm not sure if that's true cause when i called admission they said it was other stuff aswell that is considered so i don't think its a numerically ordered on UKCAT only.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebells1234)
    hmmm i reread the hold list email and it says that the meeting on the week 'commencing the 23rd' so that doesn't mean specifically the 23rd and also it says we will find out the 'end on april', i don't know if the 23rd counts as the end hopefully really soon though! Also the UKCAT thing, i'm not sure if that's true cause when i called admission they said it was other stuff aswell that is considered so i don't think its a numerically ordered on UKCAT only.
    Oh that's annoying, I guess it will be a week of panicking when I get a new email.
    Well good luck
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've just called them up and they've finalised all the post interview hold offers and we should hear back by tomorrow! Very nervous!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rejected oh well
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    how did you find out? ucas track change?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeeBurb)
    Rejected oh well
    I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have offers elsewhere? What was your UKCAT if you don't mind me asking?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    been rejected too my UKCAT is 705
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomthom24)
    omg...how high is their cutoff?? so sorry to hear mate Hope you have another offer
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomthom24)
    Sorry to hear that, got offers elsewhere? I'm surprised you got rejected with a UKCAT that high!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    omg...how high is their cutoff?? so sorry to hear mate Hope you have another offer
    It's weird, ZeeBurb got 687.5 and got rejected... I've only got 632.5 :/ I guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewpeters)
    It's weird, ZeeBurb got 687.5 and got rejected... I've only got 632.5 :/ I guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow...
    Well here's hoping for you that it wasn't based on ukcat ranking :crossedf:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 20, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.