The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZeeBurb
They updated my track, yeah my UKCAT was 687.5
I have an offer from Manchester so I'm not too bothered, it means I don't have to make a tough choice!

Hope they are giving offers to a few on the hold list still!

Lucky! Brighton is my last hope!
so ive just rang up admissions and they told me there's actually 80-100 people on hold and that the decisions are based mostly on interview performance.
Reply 1382
Original post by DSal
#

Hey.
I rang the accommodation office today about some issues I'm having with their website and I asked them about your question of the first come first served basis and they say its not like that.
Apparently if you apply before the 20th of June (damn it I completely forgot whether it was June or July but its one of them) you will be in with the same chances as someone that applies now, not quite sure how they do their allocations after though. Maybe it is like some kind of lottery. Hope this somehow helps.
Reply 1383
Has anyone been given an offer from the post interview hold list yet?
Reply 1384
Original post by diurno
Hey.
I rang the accommodation office today about some issues I'm having with their website and I asked them about your question of the first come first served basis and they say its not like that.
Apparently if you apply before the 20th of June (damn it I completely forgot whether it was June or July but its one of them) you will be in with the same chances as someone that applies now, not quite sure how they do their allocations after though. Maybe it is like some kind of lottery. Hope this somehow helps.

Ah figured. I kept thinking that the deadline was in August for some reason. I'll just assume June for the time being. Better safe than sorry :smile:

Have you made your picks yet?
Has anyone had and offer or rejection today?
Original post by thomthom24
so ive just rang up admissions and they told me there's actually 80-100 people on hold and that the decisions are based mostly on interview performance.

80-100?!?!?! What?! That's crazy... It's only been 15-20 in recent years.
Offerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Reply 1388
Original post by andrewpeters
Offerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

CONGRATS MAN!!! Worth the wait! Look forward to seeing you in September!
Original post by .eXe
CONGRATS MAN!!! Worth the wait! Look forward to seeing you in September!

Thanks! Very relieved !
OFFER!
Why did I get negged? Jheeze
Reply 1392
Why did I get negged? Jheeze

Even the BSMS forum has jealous people I guess :frown:
Original post by bluebells1234
OFFER!

Congrats!

well done!
I'm beginning to wonder if they even used UKCAT...
Reply 1396
I'm beginning to wonder if they even used UKCAT...

I don't think they did this year. On the website it was clear that they use the UKCAT for borderline candidates post interview, but I guess their policies changed this year.
Reply 1397
:s-smilie: it's just a pity so much misinformation was given out by admissions office. It made It even more stressful for hopeful candidates during an impossibly stressful protracted period.
Reply 1398
Misinformation =conflicting information
Reply 1399
I just got my rejection letter,

It was put very nicely, saying that there was nothing wrong with my interview or application, just that the number of applications increased by 15% this year.
And how if they oversubscribe by even one student, they could face bad consequences, which I do understand for such a small medical school.
They said that with such a strong application, they highly encourage me to re-apply in 2013 if I have no other offers.

They also mentioned that they have my name on the Reserve list, where after exam results they may offer out additional offers and call you to ask if you still want to come, basically going through clearing but with a guaranteed place I guess if they have places open from people missing grades...

The reserve list sounds like a post-post-interview hold list slightly though haha
Good luck everyone else, but this shows that even if you receive a rejection there is a possibility of an offer later.

Quick Reply

Latest