The Student Room Group

MSc Occupational Therapy London South Bank

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Found out last Wednesday that I had a place... Very very happy! Really had expected the worst the more time passed! Good luck to anyone still waiting and congrats to those who have had good news! :smile:
Original post by OTwannabe

[QUOTE="OTwannabe;31987116"]Found out last Wednesday that I had a place... Very very happy! Really had expected the worst the more time passed! Good luck to anyone still waiting and congrats to those who have had good news! :smile:[/QUOTE

Congratulations OTwannabe! I'm so looking forward to starting :O). Going to CRB session in July.
Reply 22
Me too, excited even though I know it will be very boring! I have a question.. Do we have to apply for a bursary or is it arranged for us by the university? I have tried to find this out but not very successfully! I am just getting a little worried that there are things I need to be organising!

Thanks

Me too, excited even though I know it will be very boring! I have a question.. Do we have to apply for a bursary or is it arranged for us by the university? I have tried to find this out but not very successfully! I am just getting a little worried that there are things I need to be organising!

Thanks

Hey!

The NHS student bursary department will be sending us a letter once LSBU has confirmed our acceptance of the offer. Think it will be within a month from now from what I remember from acceptance letter so should here before CRB session in July. More information is on:

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/1131.aspx

Angela
Reply 24
Hey guys, found out a couple of days ago I got a place too!!! Can't believe it, so happy - had completely convinced myself that I hadn't. Doubt there's anyone still waiting to hear but fingers crossed for you if there is.
Original post by Pacaya

Original post by Pacaya
Hey guys, found out a couple of days ago I got a place too!!! Can't believe it, so happy - had completely convinced myself that I hadn't. Doubt there's anyone still waiting to hear but fingers crossed for you if there is.

Well Done Pacaya! Look forward to course :O). How exciting!!
Reply 26
Hi, found out a while ago that I got a place too - very happy! Congrats to you guys too! I'm moving from up north - scary but exciting! Just wondering if anyone knows where some good areas to live are?
Reply 27
Hey T1234, congrats on getting a place!! You must be delighted. To be honest I don't know London at all so must begin educating myself re good accomodation areas also. I'll pass on any useful info I gather once I start looking into it all.
Reply 28
Hi I am looking in Kennington... but would also love some advice on good safe places....
Reply 29
Hi again guys, has anyone heard or received anything regarding NHS bursary application forms?
Reply 30
Hey, haven't heard anything re: bursary.. We are supposed to recieve a letter with our 'unique reference no.' but I haven't.. Got an email from south bank recently and they advised we print the application form on the website and start completing it as, apparently, it's quite lengthy. I haven't done this yet though!
Hey guys!

If you haven't heard anything from the NHS about bursaries you can give them a call to ask them for your reference number. They will ask for your basic details and then they will give you your number and the internet address for the paperwork you need to fill out. The number is 0845 358 6655. Good Luck!

Carrie
Reply 32
Thanks a lot for this :smile:
Reply 33
Dragging up an old thread here... but didn't see the point in starting a new one.

I'm interested in applying to start Sept 2013.

I came across an application form the other day, for Sept 2012 entry, where deadline was Feb 2011, meaning 19 months in advance!!

Can someone confirm if this is a mistake or not?!
Reply 34
Hi everyone! I am so glad to hear that someone of you already have a place to start the course, congratuations! I applyed for this year but my application was declined and i think it was due to my report which i don'[t think it was great anyway. I would like to know if any of you spoke to anyone at the university before applying about how the report should be written. Can any of you help, please. Much appreciated!
Reply 35
Guys i am desparate for help so i can apply again this year. I don't who to contact to give me some information about the structure of the report, if someone can give me some tips on this i would be very thankful.
Reply 36
I am currently writing my report I think what they want to see is you reflecting on experience and what contribution this setting has within its community.
1. Your understanding of the core principles (value base) of occupational therapy
2. The unique contribution of occupational therapy within the setting you visited.
We're you successful ?
I am currently applying and would love to hear about your experience
I have an interview for next Friday to LSBU to study OT MSc. Could someone give me info of what I can expect and tips on how to prepare?
Anyone starting in September 2018?

Also is there anyone who can tell me what the course was like when they studied at southbank?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending