University of Manchester
Manchester

Saint Gabriel's Hall

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Crystalix
Thnks a lot!

I'm amazed that the 10 pounds are for the YEAR!!! Wow!! :biggrin:

The pictures really helped me get a better idea! Actually, I had read that there was a multi-gym at Hulme Hall, and I'd got the impression that there are many pieces of equipment there! :dontknow: But the one at St Gabs suits my purpose. :smile:

BTW, you said there's a library 5 mins down the road. It's the first time I've heard of it! That's a good piece of info u gave me! It's not John Ryland, right? What is its name?
Is it on Oxford Road? (I hope u don't mind my asking so many questions!! :tongue: )

Yeah it's probably John Rylands! I think he probably meant 5 mins via bus! It's still pretty close by if you walk though, about 15 mins?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Original post by Xyrias
Yeah it's probably John Rylands! I think he probably meant 5 mins via bus! It's still pretty close by if you walk though, about 15 mins?

Just saw your message! Thnks for the info! :smile:
Reply 22
Hi,

I'm starting school in 2012 and thinking of staying at St Gabriel's! Could someone provide me info about the hall- what's it like, are the rooms big, what about the ensuite rooms, etc. ?

Thanks!
Original post by cehnriits
Hi,

I'm starting school in 2012 and thinking of staying at St Gabriel's! Could someone provide me info about the hall- what's it like, are the rooms big, what about the ensuite rooms, etc. ?

Thanks!

Hey did you go to the open day last Sunday?
I'm thinking about Saint Gabriels (well I've applied for it!) and I went to the open day and LOVED it but it's dead quiet, its not good if you really want to be in a party atmosphere (or at least thats the impression I got whilst there.)
Hi,

Thanks!

I know someone who got put there after failing to get any of her first three choices. From what I gather, it's full of internationals whose parents can't bear the idea of them mixing with boys, and so there's not much of a social life, because those same people generally can't bear the idea of going out of an evening and getting bladdered.

She moved out as soon as she could :wink:
Reply 25
Original post by Charlottie93
Hey did you go to the open day last Sunday?
I'm thinking about Saint Gabriels (well I've applied for it!) and I went to the open day and LOVED it but it's dead quiet, its not good if you really want to be in a party atmosphere (or at least thats the impression I got whilst there.)

Hey! Nope, I didn't go for the open day but applied for St. Gabriels too! I like quiet so that's good!! What course will you be doing? (:
Reply 26
Original post by Origami Bullets
I know someone who got put there after failing to get any of her first three choices. From what I gather, it's full of internationals whose parents can't bear the idea of them mixing with boys, and so there's not much of a social life, because those same people generally can't bear the idea of going out of an evening and getting bladdered.

She moved out as soon as she could :wink:

Hey, thanks for the reply! I applied cause I prefer being in an all girls hall so hope I get it! (:
Hey! Nope, I didn't go for the open day but applied for St. Gabriels too! I like quiet so that's good!! What course will you be doing? (:

Hey oh well then its perfect for you!! :biggrin: I've applied for Hebrew and Middle Eastern Languages so I'll be doing one of those two hopefully if I do well in Exams what about you? :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Charlottie93
Hey oh well then its perfect for you!! :biggrin: I've applied for Hebrew and Middle Eastern Languages so I'll be doing one of those two hopefully if I do well in Exams what about you? :smile:

Yup! All the best for your Exams!! I'm doing Law (:
Original post by theultimateplu
My gf is in St. Gabriels this year, visitors are allowed as much as you want! If you want to pm me I can send you pictures of a typical room :smile:

Can you send them to me too? Thank you,
Pia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending