The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Chemistry. I was rubbish at it. Meant now I'm not doing medicine cos I sucked at it.

If I were to choose my A levels again, I would still do Music Biology & Maths.. and my last one I would have a hard time choosing. Geography or History or Economics or Politics.

Ahhhh!!!
Reply 21
German. I was good at it but it was so mind-numbingly boring that I couldn't focus and therefore didn't do that well. The combination of constant textbook exercises (match number 1-10 with letter a-j, etcetc :yawn: ) along with constant listening tapes and not a lot of actual spoken German lead me to drop it
And I despise it even more because it forced me to continue with biology. God damn plants.
I seriously regret taking Geography. It was nothing like it was at GCSE, in my opinion so much less enjoyable and interesting (mostly the Human side of it). I ended up dropping it after AS.
I just wish I had have taken something like Chemistry instead.
CRITICAL THINKING...Fortunately I have dropped it now :smile:
Applied ICT, teacher vanished, school took about 3 months to cover his lessons = everybody fails.
not because it was extremely difficult but regretted taking psychology... JUST LONG! Too much to learn and kinda takes all the interesting stuff out of it when you just have to memorise things and not actually have to understand it. Should have done music instead :s-smilie:
Latin. Why oh why did I take it? I don't even like it that much. Sure the literature is interesting, but the language lessons bore me to death as its just tedious note-taking. I guess I picked it because I got an A at GCSE. And I now have little motivation, so whereas I'm on track for As in Maths, Physics and Chemistry, I'll be lucky to get a C in Latin. I'll count down the days until I can drop it...
Reply 27
chemistry......regret taking it at AS Level, retaking it again at AS Level, dropping it at A2, only to take agian, then DROP again after Jan exams.....worst decision of my life...damn you FREE RADICAL.
Reply 28
I dropped Maths within the first week of AS (I figured that copying the answers from the back of the textbook wouldn't help me pass :P) and switched it for Psychology - best decision ever.
I wish I'd chosen something other than Chemistry too, a whole year of not understanding anything just to be rewarded with a U ¬¬
Reply 29
erm... most of them? haha.
Started out in Year 12 doing AS Biologu, Chemistry, Maths, Music and General Studies.
Took until the day after the deadline for dropping subjects for me to decide I really needed to drop Chemistry so had to keep at it and ended up failing both exams cos i hated it so much xD
At A2 I hated maths, ended up scraping a pass and getting an E overall.
If I'd have known about the college I'm at now and their FE courses I never would have done a levels but gone straight there to do National Diploma in Music and Music A level instead :/
German, but I dropped that anyway. :colondollar:

A couple of months ago I would have said sociology and theatre studies, but I've been able to use sociology in my literary and cultural theory essay (yay, marxism) and next year I'm taking a module called 'Writing for Performance'-which incorporates a bit of the knowledge I gained from theatre studies. :biggrin:
MEI OCR Mathematics - WHY GOD WHY??!!?!
Reply 32
Electronics - teacher went off on sick leave - the school didn't find a replacement.
No supervision of project work, got a **** grade.

Wish I'd done Chemistry - or anything else instead tbh.
Reply 33
Biology!
Terrible subject with an even worse teacher! :mad:
Reply 34
German. My teacher was good and I came out with a high B, but it really wasn't my type of subject and I hated it all year. I wish I'd taken maths instead.
Maths. Unfortunately, I am still doing it at A2 -.-
All of them
Latin and Maths are killing me at the moment!
Reply 38
Psychology! I hate all the stupid studies/experiments we are supposed to know, it's really dull haha. I Most likely dropping it for A2. I hate General Studies as well, but it's compulsory at my sixth form.
I am the queen of regretting a-level choices!
In year 12 I took biology, chemistry, maths, fm, and Latin, with the intention of studying medicine at uni. Fastforward a year and I realised quite how crap I am at science and dropped maths and chemistry. It took a mixture of hard work and begging my school to let me do it, but I ended up intensively studying English lit. and History, subjects which I find much easier, and MUCH more enjoyable. My only regret now is not dropping Biology at the same time as the others. A-level biology was dire...

Quick Reply

Latest