The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Chemistry, and Maths AS, 'nuff said.
I didn't find any of my A-levels really difficult (French, Business, Law) but I wish I'd taken Maths or History at AS instead of Psych.
Reply 42
Not so much an A-level, but taking up Extended project is a f***ing flop. The all-nighters I've spend on this!

'Will we get a black prime minister in the next 10 years?' After 5000 words - No. :|
Economics. I like Economics but the A Levels were dull. Essay writig isn't my forte.
Reply 44
Physics , cos i hate the practicals always get crappy grades in them, I love the theory though and do well in it.
I took English Lit., RS, Biology, Latin and German to begin with. Dropped Latin pretty quickly as I was absolutely terrible and didn't understand any of the grammar, then dropped German as I didn't like it, and picked up Psychology. Eventually dropped Biology about half way into the year as I'm naturally not a scientist and no matter how hard I tried couldn't grasp any of what we did! Always knew I wanted to do English lit. at uni too so science was never a good choice for me, but having 3 AS' levels as opposed to 4 has been fine :smile: x
Reply 46
Economics. :sigh:
Reply 47
I regret taking AS ICT.
Reply 48
Literature- I enjoyed it at GCSE but eurgh. So boring now.
Also Sociology is a bit....long.
Reply 49
Computing.
It was horrific.
Not difficult mind, just really awful teaching, a huge 150+ page project worth only about 35% of the grade and the most fickle marking I have ever seen.
Reply 50
I wish I'd done law or psychology not maths -- but not because I found it 'rigorously difficult', because I'd have found them both more interesting and did not need maths.

Or I should have worked harder to let my college let me take 5 AS levels rather than just 4. This was 'completely unnegotiable' and yet someone in the year below me was allowed to take 5. Glare.
(edited 13 years ago)
biology oh lord its nightmareeeee :s-smilie: cant wait to drop it
I regret sociology, I should have done english :frown:
Physics and Biology, because I don't need them to study Chemistry at uni - and they're harder than they need to be.
Wish I took maths which is useful and music instead..
Reply 54
Sociology. its terrible.
Reply 55
Government and politics AS. Glad that's now just a horrific memory.
Reply 56
Chemistry.
Biology... Truely one of the most uninteresting subjects i have partaken in
Reply 58
Further Maths AS, took it as a 5th subject, thought it'd help with medicine applications... Turns out it doesn't :/ literally a complete waste of time
Reply 59
Chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest