The Student Room Group

Would I need A level science background to study a degree in Osteopath... ?

Basically, I want to study Osteopath but I only studied Sport Science at College. Sport Science doesn't cover Biology and Chemistry in A level form, only in basic form, I.e. No laboratory/practical work. Would I get accepted into a University such as London School of Osteopath with a BTEC in Sport Science ( A level Equivalent ) or would I need to study A level Biology and Chemistry..?
When I looked on the website for entry requirements, it said that I would need Biology/Chemistry at A level, but then my friend said it shouldn't matter considering I studied Sport Science. Is this true?
I think you'd be best contacting the unis you're looking at, as you'd want to make sure they'd accept you or not before applying and you may receive incorrect advice here. Though if you're looking to do a course that involves A level science, you may wish to do that beforehand so you understand the contents of the degree course.
Original post by AndroidLight
I think you'd be best contacting the unis you're looking at, as you'd want to make sure they'd accept you or not before applying and you may receive incorrect advice here. Though if you're looking to do a course that involves A level science, you may wish to do that beforehand so you understand the contents of the degree course.

This.

If you don't do an A Level science, and then get accepted anyway, you may struggle with the scientific content. I know that one my course, those who didn't do an A Level in Biology are really struggling.

Quick Reply

Latest