The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wow u applied to 3 courses! u must really wanna go to lse. How did you cover everything in ur PS?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
hmm, from personal experience - dont count on grades...but do count on the fact you are international :biggrin:
Reply 3
ba_ba1
wow u applied to 3 courses! u must really wanna go to lse. How did you cover everything in ur PS?

um....I am not sure, I just talked about social sciences in general (probably why i got turned down for LSE IR) my top choice is probably oxford though cause they seem to have better teaching and after visiting NYU last weekend, i developed a distaste for schools in the middle of the city
Traum
hmm, from personal experience - dont count on grades...but do count on the fact you are international :biggrin:

like he said, international students = lots of money for the university, as you pay such high tuition fees, so they might be more inclined to take you.
Reply 5
thanx for agreeing...but do i sound like a man to you? :eek:
Reply 6
Traum

I mean my grades are a lot higher than the requirement on the UCL website "To be eligible for consideration students must have usually obtained passes in four, full year Advanced Placement (AP) examinations at grades 4/5. Alternatively the High School Graduation diploma plus a minimum of 1300/1600 or 1950/2400 in SAT I plus the successful completion of one year at a recognised US university would be considered."
I have 5555 for 4 APs and shall take 9 this year, 1490 for my SAT I with 750, 750, 800, 790, 800 for my SAT IIs
I think A levels are probably harder from what I hear but they seem to have low standards for American students, probably because they think we are retarded.
Reply 7
check out posts of rejectees n compare grades... (most of them straight A* at GCSE+straight A at AS...)

on a different note- i just love how americans say retarded (weird "american accent" going off in my mind)!
Reply 8
you will get into UCL very easily. The course you have applied to has grade requirements BBB in terms of A level which is not that high. I dont think it is particularly competitive either - someone from my school got into it quite easily and i think he was predicted BBC.
Traum
thanx for agreeing...but do i sound like a man to you? :eek:

well, on your profile, your sex was undisclosed, plus i didn't see a male or female sign in your toolbar thingy, so i just automatically said male without thinking about it - sorry! :wink:
Reply 10
Traum
check out posts of rejectees n compare grades... (most of them straight A* at GCSE+straight A at AS...)

on a different note- i just love how americans say retarded (weird "american accent" going off in my mind)!

yea thats probably true, but i think most courses at UCL require AAA or something, but i will have 13 As due to my current AP grades("considered" to be equal to A levels) and future predictions, the thing that worries me is that "eastern european studies" WTF, i must have been high when i put that down, i didnt even touch on it...............and edinburgh accepted me cause they probably have much lower standards than UCL.....
Reply 11
jimmydoerre3
yea thats probably true, but i think most courses at UCL require AAA or something, but i will have 13 As due to my current AP grades("considered" to be equal to A levels) and future predictions, the thing that worries me is that "eastern european studies" WTF, i must have been high when i put that down, i didnt even touch on it...............and edinburgh accepted me cause they probably have much lower standards than UCL.....

don't worry about it... read what Ba_ba said... words of a wiseman... :wink:

--------------

pratikv
well, on your profile, your sex was undisclosed, plus i didn't see a male or female sign in your toolbar thingy, so i just automatically said male without thinking about it - sorry! :wink:

hmm maybe i should put my gender down...but that would just get rid of any "mystery"

i think i will start using words such as "Darling/sweet/oh my gosh" then no one will think i'm unfeminin (they might think i'm gay though :p: :rolleyes: )
jimmydoerre3

Edinburgh is still a good uni. If you don't get into UCL with the equivalent of 13As, then email me and I assure you that I'll eat my shoes! I really hope you get an offer, event though you want to go to Oxford (Mansfield is lovely by the way, I visited it when I thought about applying to Oxford a couple of years ago).
Reply 13
Traum
don't worry about it... read what Ba_ba said... words of a wiseman... :wink:

Thank you! no1 has ever called me a wise man before, but i agree with you, i am a wiseman! Traum (i know thats not your real name), dont you think it would be cool if admin tutors went on TSR to look at what the people are typing and then accept them on that basis?
Traum
hmm maybe i should put my gender down...but that would just get rid of any "mystery"

i think i will start using words such as "Darling/sweet/oh my gosh" then no one will think i'm unfeminin (they might think i'm gay though :p: :rolleyes: )

I think your veil of mystery has been uncovered by the fact that you just revealed your gender, in fact I might start a thread telling everyone that Traum is female! Only joking! :p:
Reply 15
oh yea thats good i guess, but i was hoping my international status would get me in LSE IR also...
Reply 16
apparently there are some tutors floating around here... so... :flutter:

--------------

pratikv
I think your veil of mystery has been uncovered by the fact that you just revealed your gender, in fact I might start a thread telling everyone that Traum is female! Only joking! :p:

and have your signiture in bright pink "TRAUM yes that traum, is FEMALE..ooooo"

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 17
pratikv
Edinburgh is still a good uni. If you don't get into UCL with the equivalent of 13As, then email me and I assure you that I'll eat my shoes! I really hope you get an offer, event though you want to go to Oxford (Mansfield is lovely by the way, I visited it when I thought about applying to Oxford a couple of years ago).

yea but my parents are little whores and need a lot to be satisfied.....i mean my grades in school are pretty bad and will keep me out of ivy league yet they still want to brag with there friends whose kids go to harvard and columbia so.......i just have good standarlized testing scores
Reply 18
jimmydoerre3
oh yea thats good i guess, but i was hoping my international status would get me in LSE IR also...

yea same, i thought i can trick them like how i tricked bham... but lse is quite clever and asked for copies of my passport...damn british passport :mad:

--------------

jimmydoerre3
yea but my parents are little whores and need a lot to be satisfied.....i mean my grades in school are pretty bad and will keep me out of ivy league yet they still want to brag with there friends whose kids go to harvard and columbia so.......i just have good standarlized testing scores

yea my parents too... when the oxford invitation came my mum cooked dinner for the first time in many many weeks!!! and my dad is all like "Yea, thats more like it...my daughter is going to oxford" (some times i think they r dillusional :rolleyes: )
Reply 19
Traum
yea same, i thought i can trick them like how i tricked bham... but lse is quite clever and asked for copies of my passport...damn british passport :mad:

--------------

yea my parents too... when the oxford invitation came my mum cooked dinner for the first time in many many weeks!!! and my dad is all like "Yea, thats more like it...my daughter is going to oxford" (some times i think they r dillusional :rolleyes: )

lol, yea and my friends are all overachievers.........a friend of mine just got a 2400/2400 on the SAT, 4 people in my 5 million people city did that........ :mad: so oxford is like redemption for me, all those failed calculus exams shall be wiped from my mind.....lol

Latest

Trending

Trending