The Student Room Group

Past AQA Biology students - shall I retake unit 4?

I need an A* in Biology and Chemistry. This Jan, I got 88 UMS for Biology Unit 4 (1 mark off A* :facepalm:)... so I'm wondering if you think Unit 5 will save me basically.

For June I need:
-158/180 UMS Unit 5 Chemistry (out of 120) and the practical (out of 60) for A*
-60 UMS Psychology for A
-50 UMS Maths for A

So otherwise, I'm pretty happy...
If I didn't retake, I need:
182/200 in Unit 5 Biology (out of 140) and the practical (out of 60)

Is it worth spending more time on Unit 5? I'm just afraid if I retake Unit 4 I won't have enough time for Unit 5

Reply 1
Are you sure about unit 5 marks? Bill told us we need 60% to get an A in unit 5, I can't be bothered to look it up, you know part of unit 5 is synoptic right(meaning re-taking units may help)? So I would focus on unit 5 but its your choice, good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Eloades11
Are you sure about unit 5 marks? Bill told us we need 60% to get an A in unit 5, I can't be bothered to look it up, you know part of unit 5 is synoptic right(meaning re-taking units may help)? So I would focus on unit 5 but its your choice, good luck!

Hmm that depends on the boundaries.. But it all comes down to how much UMS you need. Like in this Unit 4 exam, you needed 52/75 (70% raw marks) to get 90/100 UMS
Reply 3
Original post by Phalange
Hmm that depends on the boundaries.. But it all comes down to how much UMS you need. Like in this Unit 4 exam, you needed 52/75 (70% raw marks) to get 90/100 UMS

Yes grade boundaries may change slightly, but he definitely said 60% for an A, I checked the last summer one and it was 62%. In the end its your choice, if you feel you can make up some marks in unit 4 then go for it, no one is forcing you to though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending