The Student Room Group

GCSE certificates and UCAS

Hey, so basically I got my certificates back from my GCSEs today, I know what my overall grades are but, i was wondering do you send all your certificates to the university that you have applied to. I am asking because I got a few certificates of the same exam but done in year 10 and 11 so a resit, but they are both certificated. So does the University get your best grade or all of them? Thank you :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Any ideas guys? :smile:
Reply 2
Just keep hold of the certificates that show the grades you are claiming on your application form, you'll probably have to show them to whichever university you go to.
Reply 3
Original post by Renal
Just keep hold of the certificates that show the grades you are claiming on your application form, you'll probably have to show them to whichever university you go to.

Ok thank you Renal :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by raveen789
Hey, so basically I got my certificates back from my GCSEs today, I know what my overall grades are but, i was wondering do you send all your certificates to the university that you have applied to. I am asking because I got a few certificates of the same exam but done in year 10 and 11 so a resit, but they are both certificated. So does the University get your best grade or all of them? Thank you :biggrin:

Put the best grade down on your application form, but before you apply call uni's and ask them if it's ok (just so you don't apply to uni's and they don't allow resits at all) and then when you start you can both sets of certificates in.

I resat an a level and I was told by the admissions tutor that I officially have the higher grade, but need to send both certificates off.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Ayshizzle
Put the best grade down on your application form, but before you apply call uni's and ask them if it's ok (just so you don't apply to uni's and they don't allow resits at all) and then when you start you can both sets of certificates in.

I resat an a level and I was told by the admissions tutor that I officially have the higher grade, but need to send both certificates off.

Hope this helps :smile:

Ah I see well i did not resit any full GCSEs just some modules which the school made me resit because they had spare money :tongue: but I did resit an English exam to get a B but I will just write that at the time of UCAS and if they ask I will say i had resat it, but all the universities I am interested in have so far approved of it. Since that was the only GCSE and no others. :smile:

Thanks again for the help! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending