The Student Room Group

Good unis to consider?

I want to start looking at more Unis.

The ones I've considered so far are Cambridge, Imperial and Warwick.

Are there any unis you'd suggest me to go to open days for? Hopefully I should get 5As this year and 3A*s next so I'll go for just about anything :smile:
Oxford, Bristol and Bath are also good like those you mentioned, together these 6 are usually considered the best for mathematics.
Reply 2
What do you want to study?

Some unis I think are good based on reputation, friends there and just my opinion :cool:

LSE
UCL
Nottingham
Bristol
Durham
Edinburgh
Exeter
Manchester
York

Not an exhaustive list, not in any order :tongue:
Reply 3
What's your course? Different uni's are good at different things.
I'd say Portsmouth, but I am very biased. :P
Go see as many as humanly possible. You'll find one that just feels right. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by hassi94

Are there any unis you'd suggest me to go to open days for? Hopefully I should get 5As this year and 3A*s next so I'll go for just about anything :smile:

UCL, Kings college, Edinburgh , Durham (not sure if they do it), LSE (maths with or and eco)
Reply 6
Durhm does do maths, with high offers :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by hassi94

Hopefully I should get 5As this year and 3A*s next so I'll go for just about anything :smile:

OOOHHH sumbodys a bit of an einstein
I thought since this is a Mathematics @ Uni forum that would be obvious! :P

I'd like to either do an MMath or BsC in Maths - not sure which yet. Would like it to be purely maths no economics etc :smile:

Thanks a lot for the suggestions so far!
Original post by zaid16
OOOHHH sumbodys a bit of an einstein

Haha I said hopefully! :P

And how odd, my brother's called Zaid!
Reply 10
Mayb i am ur bruther ???
Haha :smile:
Original post by hassi94

If you're a candidate of the caliber you think you are then consider Bath, Bristol, and Durham. Also think about Manchester, UCL and Nottingham.

Contrary to fairly popular belief LSE doesn't even offer a straight maths course!

Quick Reply

Latest