The Student Room Group

Please Urgent help with my essay

Guys my name is George, I'm doing hospitality management, i have taken the sociology course as an elective course.

I was asked to do an assignment on Gender representation in the mass media, for example:

-Representation of gender and childhood
-Representation of gender and sexuality
-Representation of gender and family
-Representation of gender and race/ethnicity

my task is to identify print ads from magazines which focus on my chosen sub-theme,
by choosing 10 ads and analyzing each one of them.

more specifically:
-how are men and women ( or Boys and Girls) represented in each ad?
-what do these representations of gender imply about the ways societies understand men and women(or Boys and Girls) in relation to the Subtheme you chose?
-Are these representations stereotypes of men/women or boys/girls? in what ways?
-what do these representations (or stereotypes) imply about the relation ships between men and women (or Boys and Girls)?
-what do they imply about the relative power each group has?

please guys i need urgent help as i have to submit this assignment on Monday and i don't know from where i have to start , or if you can suggest useful websites which can help me getting it done.

Thanks in-advance.
Reply 1
Amazing how there is 27 view and no answer, what a lovely help i can get from you guys.
Reply 2
bustards, no need for your damn help.74 view and there is no bloody comment.
Its your essay! do it yourself!

real talk! :dance:
look at old 1950s ads, there blatently so different than now, like the one with a woman bent over a mans lap, and the one with a checklist for a companys wide range of household products, one side was addressed to women encouraging them to check off what they wanted for gifts and the second to men, inferring it would stop their wife from crying and make their male lives a lot easier to just buy the household goods. i cant remember the specifics of it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending