The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

what about you ?
yeh Maths, English lit/lang and Ict
goood good :smile:
Original post by Kaskade
Er, we didn't actually cover any of the environmental factors though did we :/ :cockup:

I dont think so XP I can't remember!
Reply 24
Has anyone analysed/annotated the pre-release material???
yeah i think policy and strategy will be the main part tbh, thst all i see in the text !
Original post by aky122
Has anyone analysed/annotated the pre-release material???

Yes I have. Do you have a question?
Original post by Sparkie3222
Yes I have. Do you have a question?

Yeah have u got any notes or any specific info on it ?
Reply 28
Are there any mind maps availble for Info3?, I cant seem to find any..

And has anyone analysed the case study and got any notes on it?
Reply 29
Original post by dharmesh14

+1

:gthumb:
Original post by dharmesh14

Yeahhh :/ i have the same issues, if i had looked at any of the previous case studies could have told you everything to be on the exam :P this one... we have no hope, but i am guessing theres going to be summet about the environment (y)

super!!! NOTT :P oh well :/

so what topics should we consentrate on?? x x
Strategies and Policy for section A... But what type of questions do you reckon will come up... i don't like thisss....
Original post by amushan1234
Yeah have u got any notes or any specific info on it ?

Basically I have gone through the pre-release material, and I have marked down sections which talk about ICT. for example the first paragraph says about Energy Consumption... which may link in to saving engery which is Topic 1 and 12.

And that is what I have done through-out the whole piece. That is what i'm revising more than the rest, however I'm obviously still going revising the other parts - just not as much as what is flagged up in the Pre release.

The comment which I started this thread has all of the Topic's that I have found...

I may have some more info but I need to find it!
Has anyone benn thru question that will possible come up ?
Reply 34
does anyone know the boundary to get an A*

(is it coursework and exam averages or each 90%+?)
Original post by arrow12
does anyone know the boundary to get an A*

(is it coursework and exam averages or each 90%+?)

You need an A overall with 90%+ from A2 units. So you must get at least 180 UMS from both INFO 3 and 4.
What do you think of the June 2011 pre release material????!!!

Does anyone have any revision notes or w/e about it.

The sections for part a and b we are going to focus on a little bit more than the others are:
Topic 1 (Environment)
Topic 2 (Legacy Systems)
Topic 4 (Business goals, procurement, Legacy etc)
Topic 5 (Policies, procurement, training)
Topic 6 (Legislations)
Topic 10 (changover systems, hardware installation)
Topic 11 (Support options, imapct on workers)
Topic 12 ( Hardware and software and communication resources)

Obviously we are going to revise ALL topics, but the bracketed stuff seems to show up on the pre-release and could come up in possible questions...:tongue:

Anyone have any more ideas?! :confused:

Hey, i was just woundering which parts made you think of these topics, because our ict teacher hasnt gone over it at all :/ like why did you think of legacy systems??

also i thought you might like to know ive thought off what could be a seven/nine mark question if anyone is interested in that.....
Reply 37
Original post by ,,,,
That's the one our college uses...anyone started revising for this exam?

Original post by Kaskade
We use the Folens one, but also another AQA ICT one... we just use both to develop stuff.

Yeah, same for us - we named the topics and then the words in brackets are the sections within that topic that we are going to revise more on xD Like in future developments, we are going to focus on environment as the pre-release talks a lot of it. Sorry to confuse ^^

As Kaskade said we are using this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Essential-ICT-Level-level-Student/dp/1850082820/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1302265358&sr=8-3-spell

It is useful and it has mind maps and other extras included within the book. I have found it useful, but if you want notes then let me know and I will get some to you :smile:

sorry to spam you all.
we use the aqa endorsed book with the, forgive me if im wrong, asian girl with a laptop as well as the aqa ict for a2 level 3rd edition writte by julian mott and anne leeming edited by helen williams.

they dint go on too much about environment but i remember covering that in the AS book with the two, and again frogive me if im wrong, indian people with laptops in what seems to be a library on the front cover.
Original post by Nicola.Garner
Hey, i was just woundering which parts made you think of these topics, because our ict teacher hasnt gone over it at all :/ like why did you think of legacy systems??

also i thought you might like to know ive thought off what could be a seven/nine mark question if anyone is interested in that.....

Well we went over the pre-release and highlighted sections in it which were related to things we have done using the topic specification.

The legacy systems came up on page 5, right hand column and its the last sentence of the second paragraph.

Now we are getting notes together to revise...

If you need any more help then let me know and I would like to know the question please, may help out :smile:
Original post by Noj2202
sorry to spam you all.
we use the aqa endorsed book with the, forgive me if im wrong, asian girl with a laptop as well as the aqa ict for a2 level 3rd edition writte by julian mott and anne leeming edited by helen williams.

they dint go on too much about environment but i remember covering that in the AS book with the two, and again frogive me if im wrong, indian people with laptops in what seems to be a library on the front cover.

I recognise the cover you are describing :P I don't think I found that useful though... :s-smilie: I can't really remember it! haha! I simply use the one i mentioned and my own notes...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending