The Student Room Group

Need some uk population statistics datasets ...

Ok does anyone know where one can obtain UK population datasets?

All I need is the population estimate for the UK, quarterly data since 1979, best I've found is yearly data which, unfortunatly, doesn't go well with my regression analysis, failing that perhaps growth in population, which would be better than the raw data.

I've tried the ONS but they don't have quarterly data unfortunatly, which makes me suspect noone does *sniff*

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Try - http://www.statistics.gov.uk
It may be the same info as ONS...

I did obtain some population estimates in one of my projects from last year - i'll fish it out and see if i can find the website.

You could also try your local reference library - the census results are published in book form - they contain both national and regional info on a variety of topics.

The Annual Abstract of Statistics - contain important government statisics.

Social Trends - similar to the Annual Abstract but may be more useful as it includes some discussion. It looks at changes over time, and is also published annually.

Regional Trends
- similar to Social Trends but contains information for particular regions.

Key Data - is an annual publication and covers important social and economic statistics.

If you talk to your librarian you should easily be able to find these and other books containing official statistics in your local referance library...

I hope this helps! If not - sorry!! Good luck :smile:

Laus :p:
Reply 2
its impossiable to get that sort of accurate data...actually come to think of it....no its definatly impossiable to get with out $$$$$.
If the ONS don't record it then no one will have it!
There may be some rough estimates out their but they would only show broad trends with inta census gaps

Latest

Trending

Trending