Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest

And also, full time or part time?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Call Centre
    Part Time - casual hours In an ideal week I do 32.5 hours/week.
    £6.50/hour, or £7/hour if I'm doing admin work (also get to use a badass pink timesheet when doing admin work)

It's a great student job because you can work when you want. However when the work starts to dry up (as it is right now; accursed govt. cuts) you run the risk of having only one shift/no hours at all because there's only so many staff hours to go between everyone.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mercure Hotels
    Waitress/Bar Maid
    Part time: zero hours based, so whenever I'm home from uni, I can just ring up and ask for whatever spare shifts they have. Usually around 20 hours a week or so, loads more at Christmas.
    Oh and I only get whatever minimum wage is for an 18 year old
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Waitress, Part-time. £5 an hour, just like it was at my old job. Although with tips it can be a bit more, £7/h maybe?
    Not the most fulfilling job in the world
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Part-Time at BHS in the Restraunt. Pay has just gone up to £6.09 an hour because im 18 but was a measly £4.35 before that..
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm just a cashier at a supermarket, I work about 20 hours a week and I get paid $10.25 per hour. Not sure how much that would be in pounds though.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Work part time at McDonalds on £6.15 an hour. Usually around 14 hours during term time, but am working full time now till September.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Work at Robert McBrides LTD, which make WD40 and homebrand cleaning products. I'm on £6.35 for day shifts and £6.70 for a night shift. Its a flexi contract, some weeks I get 38 hours and some weeks I may only get one shift
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    nunyabijness =p
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Private teacher at Mímir, two lessons a week, 45mins each: over 50 quid a week. So, roundabouts 50 quid an hour.

Before that, I was an assistant manager, in training, in a bar on a salary of 15.5k a year.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Employer: sony
    Hours: 45 including saturdays
    Wages: £12.30ph
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I work for a sports photographer and get paid £7ph. Sometimes I can be doing absolutely nothing for an hour or more but I still get paid for it. I enjoy it, I get to work outside, it's pretty relaxed and it's a really small company and we all get on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Work in Greggs on 6.38 an hour.
    Contracted for Weekend work / 8 hours, but on average work around 26 hours!
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aznboytomle)
    Just out of interest

For a bank call centre right now I'm dealing with savings for tax year end, usually I'm in sales. Part time, 16hours a week.

£8.50ph plus 15%extra for working Sundays and nights.
    Plus my quarterly bonus, so an extra £300ish every three months.

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I worked in a restaurant part time at uni and then full time until I got my Commission in the Navy. I was earning about £13-14 an hour if you include tips and that was an average week, more over Xmas. I also did a bit of A-level and GCSE tutoring at up to £25 per hour.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aznboytomle)
    Just out of interest

Iceland Foods, part time during term time, full time in the holidays, £6.40 and hour with a good chance of getting another pay rise this year
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Work for Cellar Trends doing promotion work on the weekends.
    Pay: £10.18 an hour
    Hours: Roughly 9/10 a week, working Friday and Saturday night.
    Overall pretty good student job!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I have a cushy part time job in a Library, just in there for 12 hours over the weekend around term time, and get holidays off £7.40 an hour.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was on £6.67 per hour for 15 hours a week at Waitrose.

Now I'm on £7.25 per hour for 12 hours (average per month) a week at John Lewis. Also including a Sunday shift, which is 1.5x

So, I work less hours overall per month, and get around the same pay
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I work in a Garden Centre for £4.00 an hour... Should be going up to £4.92 when I'm 18 though! Score! *I need a better paying job*

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 14, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.