The Student Room Group

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Scroll to see replies

Atm i'm on £10.60 an hour working at Tescos doing nights, though the most i've ever been on was £1,400 a week doing 40 hours a week.
My local hospital as a Housekeeper - 20 hours a week, £7.30 p/h, with pay and a half on Saturdays and double pay on Sundays and Bank Holidays - really like it there, very interesting environment to work in :smile:.
What's your job?
Im 17 working for deliveroo earning £8 somtimes £9 P/H doing 31 hours a week
Asda £7.44 per hour, even on a sunday ugh..
Morrisons - Checkout Operator
£8.20 p/h
Morrisons is genuinely a really nice place to work!
Work as assistant manager in a charity shop, earn about £7.40 an hour. No extras for Saturdays/Sundays which I work at least one of every week. Basic contract is 28 hours PW but its been literally months since I didn't work an extra days ( at basic rate)
Respite center for children with additional needs ( 1/2 saturdays a month) £6.95
Waitressing at a Racecourse (whenever there is an event ie. wedding, xmas party) £4.50
Waitressing at an American Style Diner ( most weekends when open , 4/6 days a week during holidays) £4.50
Sainsbury's, £7.60 an hour
I do this exact job aswell as uni at the same time. On a 20 hour contract but do two 14 hour shifts per week which makes 28 hours on £9.50 per hour. I play Xbox and play football with my service users as I only work Saturdays and Sundays 08:00-22:00. It's great, plus I'm 18 years old with no qualifications in social Care, all I have is a level 3 Btec sport.
Original post by James222
Full Time BALLER
I work all day every day, hustlin the streets.
I wont tell you exactly how much money I earn, but I have enough that I have so many clothes I keep some at my aunts house

The tinie tempa tune yeah
Reply 411
MYSELF.
I Work When I Want (PART-TIME)

Per Hour I Get Close To £390
Original post by CTLevers
Morrisons - Checkout Operator
£8.20 p/h
Morrisons is genuinely a really nice place to work!

does everyone get paid the same regardless of age???
Original post by lcorrin
does everyone get paid the same regardless of age???

Yes, and obviously you get paid more if you're a team leader +
Yes, and obviously you get paid more if you're a team leader +

That is sooo good, considering minimum wage for someone my age (19) is £5.60! I've just handed my application in today for checkouts so fingers crossed I get a call!
I work at a McColls shop, paid minimum wage (£5.60) and work either 8 or 16 hours a week. (8 hour shifts on either one or two days over the weekend)
Original post by lcorrin
That is sooo good, considering minimum wage for someone my age (19) is £5.60! I've just handed my application in today for checkouts so fingers crossed I get a call!

Good luck, it's a great place to work! I'm hoping to ask for my job back when I'm back home for summer.
Good luck, it's a great place to work! I'm hoping to ask for my job back when I'm back home for summer.

That's good I've heard mostly positive things! Thank you! How long do they usually take to ask for an interview?
Original post by lcorrin
That's good I've heard mostly positive things! Thank you! How long do they usually take to ask for an interview?

I believe off the top of my head, I applied in August and offered an interview mid-September and had my induction and started working early October :smile:
I believe off the top of my head, I applied in August and offered an interview mid-September and had my induction and started working early October :smile:

Oh that's not too bad! Thanks for the help! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending