The Student Room Group

Working on an essay - quick question

Got an essay I am working on at the moment and I have a slight concern, so I thought I’d come on here and see what you wise people think, here’s the title:

“The protection of the environment is dependant not only on well-framed laws but also on the proper enforcement of those laws. This in turn requires that enforcement agencies are both willing and able to implement those laws”.

Discuss this statement in relation to the current law and enforcement practice of the Environment Agency.

My only issue is with the phrase “well-framed laws”, at the moment I am just taking it all as meaning: a good framework of laws is one thing but without proper enforcement it means nothing.

What does everyone reckon, what would you take from the phrase?
'Well framed laws' I would take as meaning well written or well drafted laws laws.
Reply 2
Thanks for the replies guys. Especially CC for your detailed response, it's given me some ideas. Does everyone else agree?
Reply 3
Another question for you all! When i want to refer to the quote in the title, is it ok to just say this:

"This approach is very different to the more confrontational approach that is suggested by the title quote..."

Or is their a better/more elegant way of doing this?

Latest

Trending

Trending