The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
can i ask some questions?
i have diagnosed PCOS, so even though im used to irregular periods, iv not had a period now in about 5 months.
in that time iv taken 2 tests just incase, but both have come back negative.

however recently iv been getting cramps, but they havnt felt like PCOS cramps.

another worrying thing i have when i breath i can see my stomach sort of pulsating like my heart or something, but it looks VERY strong.

would it be worth taking another test? me and my partner last had an incident about the 17th August, i took a test about 3 weeks later, but it was negative, now iv still not had a period im becoming very worried.

With a negative test three weeks later the chances are low. You could take another test to be sure if it would help. Either way I would go to your GP for a chat as it is worrying you and might be worth them having a look :smile:
Original post by randdom
With a negative test three weeks later the chances are low. You could take another test to be sure if it would help. Either way I would go to your GP for a chat as it is worrying you and might be worth them having a look :smile:

i spoke to my GP about it and she said shes going to ask the others how long not having a period is ok before looking into it, and i think kshe was going to to back to the endocrinologist aswell.
b
ut as an update i have a period, was bed ridden for 2 or 3 days in ecruciating pain :woo: so no pregnancy

Spoiler

Hey guys

How are you all doing? We're finally starting to see some recovery in the breasts, though I'm still on lots of painkillers for every feeding. Seb is six weeks old and doing great, and last night we tried getting him to sleep in his cot for the first time ever and there were no tears! The white noise app really helped.
Original post by Kater Murr
Hey guys

How are you all doing? We're finally starting to see some recovery in the breasts, though I'm still on lots of painkillers for every feeding. Seb is six weeks old and doing great, and last night we tried getting him to sleep in his cot for the first time ever and there were no tears! The white noise app really helped.

We are doing well. Isaac has started sitting and is desperately trying to roll over (he hates being on his front so I am not sure why!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, that's great!

I got a photo of Sébastien doing tummy time the other day, he quite likes it and has really strong muscles for a six week old I think!

1414137569071.jpg
He is good! Isaac can lift his head... He just point blank refuses and faceplants after about 2 mins and cries until you flip him over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I just ask how early can you do a pregnancy test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can get a positive test as early as 8 or 9 days post ovulation. However if possible it is best to wait until the day your period is due.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always got told 3 weeks after you had unprotected sex. Though if your trying for a baby prehaps when your period should be due?
Your first urine of the morning is the best as it has the most of the hormone in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randdom
You can get a positive test as early as 8 or 9 days post ovulation. However if possible it is best to wait until the day your period is due.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by PandaWho
I always got told 3 weeks after you had unprotected sex. Though if your trying for a baby prehaps when your period should be due?
Your first urine of the morning is the best as it has the most of the hormone in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks both. I took it today but bfn :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks both. I took it today but bfn :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know roughly where you are in your cycle.

These things can take time sometimes it took us a few months. Personally I found monitoring my basal body temp and doing clear blue ovulation tests helpful. But it very much depends on the sort of person you are whether you want to go down that route as it can be a bit stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randdom
Do you know roughly where you are in your cycle.

These things can take time sometimes it took us a few months. Personally I found monitoring my basal body temp and doing clear blue ovulation tests helpful. But it very much depends on the sort of person you are whether you want to go down that route as it can be a bit stressful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My period is due today apparently but only got spotting and a bit more after sex. I've been spotting for 3 days and it's just mostly brown stuff. (Sorry TMI)

I've gone down that route this cycle. My bbt is so unpredictable though. I don't have any ovulation kit yet as they are a bit pricey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My period is due today apparently but only got spotting and a bit more after sex. I've been spotting for 3 days and it's just mostly brown stuff. (Sorry TMI)

I've gone down that route this cycle. My bbt is so unpredictable though. I don't have any ovulation kit yet as they are a bit pricey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you monitoring with an app? I found fertility friend helpful. The clear blue tests are expensive. You can get ones with lines rather than digital things from ebay. They are more tricky to use but much more affordable.

I am sorry that things don't seem to have gone your way this month. If you haven't properly started bleeding in a few days it might be worth taking another test as some people get a light implantation bleed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randdom
Are you monitoring with an app? I found fertility friend helpful. The clear blue tests are expensive. You can get ones with lines rather than digital things from ebay. They are more tricky to use but much more affordable.

I am sorry that things don't seem to have gone your way this month. If you haven't properly started bleeding in a few days it might be worth taking another test as some people get a light implantation bleed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm using fertility friend and another app called my fertility. Both have the graph for bbt and it's been helpful. I was thinking of getting the ovulation test from ebay but not sure if they work as well as the clearblue one.

Spotting has pretty much stop so still a little hopeful plus my bbt in the past few days have been ranging from 36.5 to 36.2 and I had 35.9 last month during period (as a side note do you know what is the 'normal' bbt if pregnant?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm using fertility friend and another app called my fertility. Both have the graph for bbt and it's been helpful. I was thinking of getting the ovulation test from ebay but not sure if they work as well as the clearblue one.

Spotting has pretty much stop so still a little hopeful plus my bbt in the past few days have been ranging from 36.5 to 36.2 and I had 35.9 last month during period (as a side note do you know what is the 'normal' bbt if pregnant?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

My understanding is that the significance is in the comparative rise in temperature rather than the actual numbers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randdom
My understanding is that the significance is in the comparative rise in temperature rather than the actual numbers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has been rising and falling by about .2 in the last week

Posted from TSR Mobile
How cute are those pics, can't wait to have noob here for cuddles. Really hope she has her daddy's looks!

Been in and out the hospital on ctg all weekend, got a urgent scan for first thing tomorrow and been referred to consultant care with an appointment Tuesday... but apparantly she is great and I have nothing to worry about?!

4 weeks until due date, think she is going to be late!
Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
How cute are those pics, can't wait to have noob here for cuddles. Really hope she has her daddy's looks!

Been in and out the hospital on ctg all weekend, got a urgent scan for first thing tomorrow and been referred to consultant care with an appointment Tuesday... but apparantly she is great and I have nothing to worry about?!

4 weeks until due date, think she is going to be late!

Wow, you are so close now! What is the scan for? At 36 weeks your baby is just about done anyway! Do you have a name picked out?
Simon is a good name.
Original post by Melancholy
Simon is a good name.

Yes, it is. Someone I know is called it and someone said it was a good name for a cat . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest