The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Is a false positive possible? I've now taken 3 tests all negative and only 1 positive.
Original post by Anonymous
Is a false positive possible? I've now taken 3 tests all negative and only 1 positive.

They are uncommon but possible. Could it have been an evap line?
It's certainly possible. I'd ask for a blood test to be sure
Baby Torrigan was transferred to SCBU overnight due to uncontrollable hypoglycaemia. Very strange not having him with me :frown: but got a nice cuddle with him this morning (overdid it a bit and suffering as a result but the cuddle was definitely worth it!)
Original post by randdom
They are uncommon but possible. Could it have been an evap line?

Definitely not evap. It was pink and appeared within the time limit. What would be the reason for false positive?
Definitely not evap. It was pink and appeared within the time limit. What would be the reason for false positive?

From my understanding faulty test or evap line are the two main ones. Over what time period did you take them? I would probably just retest in a week as you would expect it would be positive after that period of time. You could ask for a blood test if you really wanted a definitive answer.
Original post by randdom
From my understanding faulty test or evap line are the two main ones. Over what time period did you take them? I would probably just retest in a week as you would expect it would be positive after that period of time. You could ask for a blood test if you really wanted a definitive answer.

The positive was last Monday. Run out if rest so waited until Thursday to redo it. It's been negative since Thursday, yesterday and today.

My appointment with the GP is a week away but I'm concern because I've been having stomach cramps pretty much the day before the positive test.
Ladies, how can I hide my 6 month pregnant belly for a day. I've only started showing in the last couple of weeks - look about 4 month pregnant. I need to hide it for tomorrow as i don't want someone knowing i'm pregnant.

can i get away with wearing a baggy hoodie and a scarf which isn't tied or does this seem too trampy/ a fashion no-no?
Original post by doctor_2_be
Ladies, how can I hide my 6 month pregnant belly for a day. I've only started showing in the last couple of weeks - look about 4 month pregnant. I need to hide it for tomorrow as i don't want someone knowing i'm pregnant.

can i get away with wearing a baggy hoodie and a scarf which isn't tied or does this seem too trampy/ a fashion no-no?

I found a baggy hoodie very effective at hiding the 8 month bump when I needed to (admittedly I know my bump was very small compared with many at a similar stage so that probably helped!)

Could you wear a long drapey cardigan and a nice scarf? Should be able to draw attention away from the bump.

I don't have any hugely useful advice as due to being unfit and having rubbish stomach muscles I looked huge by 6 months.

What about getting a cape/wrap basically a. Big baggy blanket wrap thats super comfy and you can hide a multitude of sins under there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found a baggy hoodie very effective at hiding the 8 month bump when I needed to (admittedly I know my bump was very small compared with many at a similar stage so that probably helped!)

With the hoodie you can see a bump, so i dont think that will work, i didnt realsie you could get so big so quickly

Original post by randdom
Could you wear a long drapey cardigan and a nice scarf? Should be able to draw attention away from the bump.

I don't have any hugely useful advice as due to being unfit and having rubbish stomach muscles I looked huge by 6 months.

might try this, hopefully the wind wont blow the scarf away from my stomach lol

Original post by PandaWho
What about getting a cape/wrap basically a. Big baggy blanket wrap thats super comfy and you can hide a multitude of sins under there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't have one and i won't have time and meeting this person at 7:30 in the morning tomorrow

thanx for all your help:smile:
Ladies, just wondering if any of you have had this problem since giving birth and if it did eventually sort itself out. Basically my periods returned 2 months post partum and I'm now on my 4th PP period, but each time they are lasting 2-2.5 weeks! I'm getting worried they'll never return to normal. I threw another spanner in my menstrual cycle works at 3 months pp as I got a copper coil fitted, but I don't necessarily think that is the cause of the issues as the first period at 2 months was super long too and I didn't have the coil then.
Tor is out of special care and in my room!!
Tor is out of special care and in my room!!

Stupid anonymous function... He's still being NG fed but blood sugars now stable enough to start trying to breastfeed and wean off the high calorie NGs! So strange having him next to me when I don't actually have a clue how to take care of him!!
Original post by Sazzy890
Ladies, just wondering if any of you have had this problem since giving birth and if it did eventually sort itself out. Basically my periods returned 2 months post partum and I'm now on my 4th PP period, but each time they are lasting 2-2.5 weeks! I'm getting worried they'll never return to normal. I threw another spanner in my menstrual cycle works at 3 months pp as I got a copper coil fitted, but I don't necessarily think that is the cause of the issues as the first period at 2 months was super long too and I didn't have the coil then.

It might take a while for then to settle down properly. Mine came back about 8-9 months after Isaac was born and the first 4 were incredibly heavey. They then reverted back to nearly normal. It might just take some time. If you are worried though you could always pop to your GP and they can often give things (both hormonal and non hormonal that might help)
Original post by Hygeia
Stupid anonymous function... He's still being NG fed but blood sugars now stable enough to start trying to breastfeed and wean off the high calorie NGs! So strange having him next to me when I don't actually have a clue how to take care of him!!

Glad he is back with you :smile: I don't think many first time mums know what they are doing initially but you work it out eventually :smile:

I remember when we got Isaac home my dad who had driven us had a cup of tea and then left. The door closed and Isaac was just sleeping there are warren and I looked at each other and realised it was just us now. Terrifying.
Original post by Hygeia

Yaay I am glad he's in your room again :biggrin: It is such an odd feeling, I remember it like yesterday. But you'll learn very quickly, and there's plenty of support if you struggle with anything.

Original post by randdom
It might take a while for then to settle down properly. Mine came back about 8-9 months after Isaac was born and the first 4 were incredibly heavey. They then reverted back to nearly normal. It might just take some time. If you are worried though you could always pop to your GP and they can often give things (both hormonal and non hormonal that might help)

Thanks :smile: I'll see how the next one goes and decide what to do.
3.5 weeks in hospital for me, 3 days in NICU and 4 on the ward for Tor and we finally get to take him home today! Managed to breastfeed for the first time this morning but have gotten used to cup feeding until we properly get the hang of that. And he managed to put on some weight in the last week rather than losing any so definitely doing better out than in :smile:
Congrats, he is such a beauty.

Sazzy mine returned after 6 weeks were fine for 6 months and been royally messed up since. Not had one at all since 7th October! apparantly its normal :/

and yes its bloody terrifying haha. It hit me when i was still numb/catheterised with a crying baby and on my own that i had no idea what i was doing and cried my eyes out!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest