Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Congratulations Tufts! :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by Tufts
Guys, guys, I got my BFP today :biggrin:

P.S. keep it off facebook please.

Thanks.

Woohooo congratulations Tufts :biggrin:.Theres only 15 months between me and my brother.

Dita;I'm so very sorry to hear your news ((((hugs))))

Whats happened to the other P&P thread?.I was without the internet a couple of weeks ago and accidentally clicked "Stop follwing this thread" on my phone :frown:.Silly batt that I am :P.I've been reading this new P&P thread but its a bit disjointed.

RE prams, well I'm mega old and back in those days babies were transported in traditional prams, like Silver Cross type ones.I had a Mothercare pram brought for me by my mums aunt.My brother used it after me.

This type

http://www.silvercross.co.uk/heritage-collection/Balmoral-pram/

Very expensive now.I think they were also expensive back then too.

EDIT:Ignore that last bit.I've just read the old thread .
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Annie72
Woohooo congratulations Tufts :biggrin:.Theres only 15 months between me and my brother.

RE prams, well I'm mega old and back in those days babies were transported in traditional prams, like Silver Cross type ones.I had a Mothercare pram brought for me by my mums aunt.My brother used it after me.

This type

http://www.silvercross.co.uk/heritage-collection/Balmoral-pram/

Very expensive now.I think they were also expensive back then too.

EDIT:Ignore that last bit.I've just read the old thread .

Those prams are so gorgeous, i just guess they aren't appropriate nowadays as they don't compact small etc. my mum is determined to have one of them here when we have children and come to visit/she looks after them!! We live on a farm and she just has visions on her pushing one of them round the fields!! :rolleyes:
Reply 63
Feel quite tired today and still getting those scary cramps we all get in the first trimester. Oh why does mother nature feck with us so?
Reply 64
Original post by Tufts
Thanks guys.

We really wanted our babas close together so this is great news for us. :smile:

I feel.... no different really. I have no symptoms and my Fertility Friend chart is nothing to write home about. I guess it hasn't sunk in and probably won't until the first scan or morning sickness, whichever happens first.

One thing I'm excited about is ENJOYING the pregnancy without fearing labour. Because now I know labour is a breeze. I spent the whole of my first pregnancy petrified of labour.

Does anyone know much about tandem feeding? I'm still breastfeeding.

Congrats :smile:

Hope your legal career doesn't suffer a setback.

------------------------------------------

Personally not too keen on an age gap that is too close..... prefer something between 3-5 years. Allows me to have a positive cash flow especially when they reach the years where their toys become more expensive and the arrival of higher education bills.

But then my DW was telling me there are benefits to the gap being closer as well.
Tufts: Must be horrible! I hated the 1st trimester I was ridiculously tired more so then the 3rd! I'm so excited for you :smile: , seriously it doesn't that long ago when you were pregnant with Amy Rose time really does fly.

Anyone have any plans for the bank holiday weekend?

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday, looking forward to it, although the shoes I have bought to wear are going to kill my feet. I am considering wearing some different ones because the pain of all day and night wear would be immense, but then torn because they look so good. Oh the dilemma! :P
Reply 66
Original post by balloon_parade

Anyone have any plans for the bank holiday weekend?

Looking for a way to escape the weekend.... the damn MIL is visiting and I hate that mean witch, this time the witch is bringing her loser partner along as well.

Thinking of either taking a flight to Paris after work and checking into a nice hotel for the entire duration that witch is there, just with my books, essays and myself :biggrin: Not sure what I would do there, other than to go see the Eiffel Tower :tongue:

Alternatively may take a drive to Edinburgh, also just check into a nice hotel... and lose myself in several rounds of golf in the day and books plus essays at night :tongue: if I'm not too tired that is.

If I don't get to go, then I think I will spend time in the office and return home only to sleep.

I must must must be away or else..... :evil:
Can I share my bit of news, hehe?
Went to see my new baby cousin today. She's 2 days old and sooo gorgeous! I spent 2 hours holding her and even then didn't want to let go! Gahhh, why does my boyfriend look so good holding babies too?
Anyway, she's called Gabriela :redface:) I don't know how to include a picture from my phone... Will put it on in the next few days when I'm on my computer.
Congratulations Tufts you will be kept busy!
Reply 69
Original post by HerRoyalHighness
Congratulations Tufts you will be kept busy!

Aye. 2 under 2. I must be mad. haha
Reply 70
Original post by Tufts
Does anyone know much about tandem feeding? I'm still breastfeeding.

randomly, my cousins wife is trying to ween her 1 year Old and he went straight off her milk when she Got pregnant the other month... So you might not even need to try it
Reply 71
Original post by Talya
randomly, my cousins wife is trying to ween her 1 year Old and he went straight off her milk when she Got pregnant the other month... So you might not even need to try it

I hope she doesn't go off my milk, but if she does, she does.

I've just ordered this book from the library:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adventures-Tandem-Nursing-Breastfeeding-Pregnancy/dp/0912500972/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303582010&sr=1-1
balloon - which shoes did you go for in the end?

Iorek - how was your weekend? Did you manage to escape?

Cutie - awww she sounds adorable

Tufts - I can't imagine tandem nursing, it's challenging enough with one lol. good luck hun!

So - yesterday, at the age of exactly 19 months old, I gave Jason his last breastfeed. Phil and I decided that enough was enough, as he only has 1 feed a night before bed anyway, and some nights not even that, as sometimes he falls asleep before I get chance to give him one, so he's only having like 5 or so feeds a week. I'm barely producing any milk any more, just a little, and so it's more force of habit than anything else.

So I put him to bed tonight without a feed. He whinged for about 5 minutes. I think he's gonna be okay though. Give it a week and he probably won't remember breastfeeding at all.

I'm feeling a bit sad though. Last baby. Last feed. That's it for me now *cries*.

How did everybody enjoy Easter? Mine was okay. Mam came round for a lamb dinner with us. We put the lamb in at 3pm, and went to check it at 5pm only to realise that we hadn't turned the oven on lol. So needless to say, dinner was a bit later than planned!

Is it just me, or is it ridiculously hard to post pictures on here these days? It takes like 50 attempts to try and paste something in the box. I dunno if TSR suddenly dislikes Safari or something.

ah there we go I got it to paste ONE thing. It won't let me paste a second pic though. Stoopid thing!
Aww PMP, bless them!
Reply 75
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

I'm feeling a bit sad though. Last baby. Last feed. That's it for me now *cries*.

:hugs: I'm dreading that.

Is this deffo your last baby?
Reply 76
Original post by PinkMobilePhone

Iorek - how was your weekend? Did you manage to escape?

How did everybody enjoy Easter? Mine was okay. Mam came round for a lamb dinner with us. We put the lamb in at 3pm, and went to check it at 5pm only to realise that we hadn't turned the oven on lol. So needless to say, dinner was a bit later than planned!

Cheer up :smile: Bet in a few weeks you'll not even miss it :smile:

Weekend? Nope I did not get to escape as planned, no tickets to Paris even on Business Class. The place I wanted to stay in Edinburgh didn't have the room I wanted, decided to give it the skip. Hence stayed in town.

Saturday, DW spent time with her mother aka The Witch who was supposed to stop by at our house, instead she and her loser partner took the direct train into London.

I brought LO to the golf club, taught her how to steer the golf buggy, she had a blast of a time. Not spent much time with her recently due to work commitments. I told DW we would meet her in London so the LO can meet her granny, but my golfing buddies and me got a bit carried away and instead of playing 18 holes we played 36, by then it was too close to lunch time so had to cancel out on DW... she was not amused when I told her. We had lunch at the clubhouse, then played 2 more rounds before going home.... before going home we drove to Bourton-on-the-Water to visit my director who had just returned from Switzerland so I could collect my ration of chocolates I had asked him to get for me from the airport. :biggrin:

Sunday, we had a bbq with my grandfather and some overseas student friends.... salmons, steaks and vegetables plus potatoes from our garden.

The witch was supposed to join, but she was ticked off from the previous day, on knowing I wasn't bringing LO into London to meet them she got the impression I had purposely overran the time. Not that I care anyway... DW is trying to mend fences, but am not really in the mood to sign a peace treaty with the witch.

How was the lamb?
I bought my pram today :woo:

All I have to buy now is the car seat! I kind of wish I didn't start buying stuff so early so I had still had something to do haha.
Original post by chemical_bex

Original post by chemical_bex
I bought my pram today :woo:

All I have to buy now is the car seat! I kind of wish I didn't start buying stuff so early so I had still had something to do haha.

There will always be bits to buy. Plus you can think ahead for later months.
bex - believe me, you'll be buying things for the rest of your life for your child!

Iorek - the lamb was very tasty actually once it got cooked lol. I'm sorry things with your MIL weren't pleasant, though I suppose you predicted that would be the case.

Tufts - yep Jason is definitely my last. I haven't the patience to deal with any more! I've had enough of sleepless nights, changing nappies, and temper tantrums now. I want to enjoy the three I've got ("enjoy" being the operative word, considering the fact that Alex has been a PITA the past couple of weeks. It's his age I'm sure - Lydia was the same when she was 3). If I had any more, it would mean less time for me to spend on these three, and that wouldn't be fair on them.
Plus I don't want to go through pregnancy again. I have big babies and huge bumps and it doesn't make life easy! I end up rolling!
And on a practical note, we only have a 3 bedroomed house, and our car wouldn't fit any more kids in, so it's just not feasible to have more kids.

Quick Reply

Latest