The Student Room Group

Gary Neville Replaces Gray As Sky Sports Commentator

The title pretty much says it all :biggrin:

Here is the article... any opinions?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11979_6858797,00.html

Also, for gamers out there who play FIFA, would you rather EA go with...

Gray as usual and not alter it because of what happened?

Neville and keep up with the changes in the modern game?

Take on the commentary team from the Euro 2008 game?
(Townsend & Tyldesley)

I think they should include Neville but I expect many will not want him because they'll expect him to have a pro United bias whilst commentating.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Today is a Black day for football
oh the lols when the first Man United vs Liverpool game comes on will be worth it.

Love the idea myself. Liverpool could be winning 4-0 and he'll find something bad to say about them.

Garry Neville is a red :smile:
Reply 3
I think it's a ****ing stupid idea personally.
Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

why swap tool for a ******
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
It's a great day for football punditry. Finally someone that will stick it to the scouse, and end decades of sucking up to the team of yesterday whose entire club ethos is that of making victimhood an art form.
Reply 6
I'm just glad Gray's gone!

Gray: "Well, you can see that the handball wasn't intentional, but he did gain an advantage, so that's a free kick"
Laws of the Game: "Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm"

I hear rubbish people pick up from that goon every week as a referee... I was on the line last weekend, a lad was offside, and following the ball up, but it was bouncing through to the keeper, so I kept my flag down, to shouts of "You have to put it up if he goes for it, lino!"... Utter tosh, of course!
We Want Wilkins :fuhrer:
Neville is God! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Wilkins or Kammy but instead we get Gary.Neville. *******s
Yeah I want Chris Kamara too! He would have made the dullest games ever known to television interesting.
Reply 11
Original post by Colbert
We Want Wilkins :fuhrer:

God no, every time a London team plays it will be "we have defended stoically" and Andy Gray-esque cliches of "stay on your feet" and "possession wins games". At least with Neville there will be plenty of hilarity whenever Liverpool and even City play United.
Cool and everything... until Neville makes sexist comments about a woman in a job at a football stadium off screen, then gets sacked. Like Andy Gray
Has anyone noticed Gary Neville looks a little like Hitler? :biggrin:

I'm suprised he can speak tbh. I always thought he would just grunt and snort as an act of communication.
Reply 15
He never seemed particularly articulate or insightful, so he should continue the legacy of previous Sky commentators reasonably well. :colonhash:
I think he'll be a breath of fresh air until Sky censor him - look at his take on Rooney's ban and the panning of Capello's handling of the captaincy.
Reply 17
Absolute nightmare.
Reply 18
Gary Neville is an ex footballer and knows a lot about the game but that doesn't mean he will make a good commentator and his hate towards Liverpool would have to stop as well. Having said that when have Sky ever been impartial.:rolleyes:
Reply 19
Andy Gray was an annoying nut anyway

Quick Reply

Latest