The Student Room Group

Choosing my Firm/Insurance

Hey guys. So i'm still deciding on my firm/insurance.

These are the choices i have so far. I know lse's like the best in economics but i heard warwick has a better mathematics department. ucl aint bad either. Im confused. Which one should i go for?

LSE - Economics and Maths
Warwick - MORSE
UCL - Economics and Statistics
Reply 1
They are all very similar, in terms of prestige it has to go to LSE but the difference is pretty minimal so I'd just choose based on if you want to live in London and which one has a better course (LSE might have more module flexibility for example because it is highly focused on one subject area)
Reply 2
Original post by Padapop

These are the choices i have so far. I know lse's like the best in economics but i heard warwick has a better mathematics department. ucl aint bad either. Im confused. Which one should i go for?

Warwick - MORSE

Congrats on getting into the best universities! Choose based on which course you're most interested in! You can't go wrong with any of your choices! :smile: All the best
Reply 3
They're all are fantastic program choices and great school reputation, so do not based your decision on prestige. Instead, choose where you want to spend the next 3 years of your (college) life.

If you want to be in a megacity, LSE or UCL are the best bets. If you want a tranquil atmosphere and a beautiful campus set up, Warwick is the obvious choice.

If your concerns are employment prospects after your degree, they're all targets -- http://www.highfliers.co.uk/download/GMReport11.pdf
Reply 4
I had a similar situation! I had LSE maths w/ econ versus Warwick MORSE. In the end, I think I'm going to choose Warwick... it's cheaper to live in, and the extra-curriculars and societies and stuff seem better... even though it's in the middle of nowhere, it seems more social because it's a campus uni. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Padapop

Warwick - MORSE

Do you prefer Maths or Economics?

It looks like you can do more Economics at LSE than MORSE Warwick. I don't think UCL's Econ&Stas is as good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending