The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

First, that got on mind is that SHY girls are not really shy...
Reply 41
It's not about shy or confident.
It's about getting someone who is modest for me.
With a lot of shy girls, they're actually trolls. You feed them with confidence and they get a big head and start to think they're all confident and thus it unlocks their mind and they become obnoxious especially having no experience being confident - Generally speaking, but not really 'generally' speaking because this happened to about 95% of the girls in my experience. So it's better to go for a girl who is confident and modest. More stable. They've got more juice for life too which is more attractive.

p.s I haven't been heartbroken or anything yet so don't make that ridiculous trollistic assumption.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 42
To be honest. I like confident girls attributes and personality traits, I like my partner not to feel clingy when around large groups of people and comfortable to go off and have convo's and spend time with other people.
Most of the time I prefer shy girls that try and put on a confident front (not enough that they're annoying). It means they're better talkers but also are strong.
Reply 44
Original post by Anonymous
What do you think of shy girls vs confident girls?
Would you rather date someone who is shy or confident?

A shy person that is shy around quite a few people but when they are with you they are different and completely themselves.

or the confident/loud ones where they act the same around everyone really what you see is what you get and they're more outgoing.

Would it intimidate guys if a girl was shy? Just wondering I know most confident girls find it easier to find boyfriends and it's harder for shy girls. I've found that myself as I'm quite a shy person and know others who are shy also find it harder.

This is completely subjective, like all the other attractiveness threads out there.
Reply 45
Shy girls are longggg to hang around with. Have to make so much more of an effort generally, and they are more likely to be awkward around mates.

But yeah shy is basically insecure, which isn't a good thing.

Just to be clear I like confident girls...but not LG's who are just allowed/pointless....
Reply 46
It would be interesting to see this thread debating "introverted" vs "extroverted" instead of "shy" vs "confident". I am introverted, but not shy. Obviously everybody should have confidence in themselves, girls who are extremely insecure are hopeless to be around. I would more like to know if guys like the girls to carry their confidence on the outside or on the inside. (Although from my experience, the extremely extroverted people I know, tend to be insecure).
Original post by Lewroll
You can be confident without being loud.

The skill is knowing the difference. Also those who may seem confident may be hiding insecurities.
Reply 48
Original post by .Ali.
This is completely subjective, like all the other attractiveness threads out there.

We all know it is subjective (as with any other attractiveness thread) - which is the point of making the thread, getting as many opinions as possible. Nobody has asked a guy to come up with an answer that counts for every man.
I don't mind? Well thats me singled out then. :h:
Reply 50
Original post by *Lollo*
It would be interesting to see this thread debating "introverted" vs "extroverted" instead of "shy" vs "confident". I am introverted, but not shy. Obviously everybody should have confidence in themselves, girls who are extremely insecure are hopeless to be around. I would more like to know if guys like the girls to carry their confidence on the outside or on the inside. (Although from my experience, the extremely extroverted people I know, tend to be insecure).

Yeah that would be interesting there are different types of introverts and extroverted types though. You should start the thread lol.
Reply 51
I think the ones who say they're not shy would be called quiet but you wouldn't say they're shy as they can be confident and around people and can talk if they have something to say they wouldn't hold want to say in. But they can still be quiet in a group and still talk. The shy ones would find it hard to speak up in a group.
Reply 52
Original post by JmJtr
another world she only lets me enter. :love:

Her vagina?
Oh ****! GIRLS!

Sigh* :facepalm2:

Kill me now!
I used to be incredibly shy. Now I'm a lot more bubbly and outgoing and I seem to have had more positive reactions recently. People are more willing to start a conversation with me in public - total strangers too.

I think if I was a guy, I'd like a self-confident girl who was outgoing. I wouldn't like a girl who was a show-off and/or loud.

In terms of guys, yeah, confident but not cocky. There's a fine line between the two.
Reply 55
Confident girls are a must have! With my hectic social life anyway..

I have been out with a few shy girls whom seem to be paranoid regarding their look - why? I have no idea...
Original post by Anonymous
What do you think of shy girls vs confident girls?
Would you rather date someone who is shy or confident?

A shy person that is shy around quite a few people but when they are with you they are different and completely themselves.

or the confident/loud ones where they act the same around everyone really what you see is what you get and they're more outgoing.

Would it intimidate guys if a girl was shy? Just wondering I know most confident girls find it easier to find boyfriends and it's harder for shy girls. I've found that myself as I'm quite a shy person and know others who are shy also find it harder.

I adore shy girls and they attract me so strongly. Can't resist :tongue:
Reply 57
Confident all day long! :smile: Shy can be cute, but girls my some selfasteem is better
Reply 58
I like confident but modest/quiet girls.
(edited 13 years ago)
I prefer category A, at least the way you've described it. As long as they are confident around me, I don't have any problem.

Besides, my sister is a 'loud' girl and we have never got along since we we're both infants.

Latest

Trending

Trending