Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you most proud of yourself for cooking?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, I had a craving for sushi, and I decided that I would treat my family to a sushi dinner, instead of spending an extortionate amount of money at Yo! Sushi or another sushi restaurant. I was worried that it wouldn't turn out right, but I needn't have worried - it tasted even better than any that I've bought before, and had the added bonus of the satisfaction of making it myself

So yes, what are YOU most proud that you managed to make?

Here's a few pics of my sushi (sorry if they're huge!):

• 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I made some sushi a couple of weeks back. Once you know how, it's quite simple and you can make lots of different shapes.

I'm most proud of being able to make bread from scratch, all done by hand. It's not difficult but there's such a huge sense of pride when it comes out all nice and brown and smelling absolutely delicious!
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spag Bol...

I don't cook much :/
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    A roast dinner for 6 people. Getting the timings spot on so everything's cooked and hot at the same time is hard, especially when you've got a small, crap oven.
    And generally any recipe I've never tried before. There's always a fear that it could go horrifically wrong and you'll end up hungry.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    good job they look scrummy :coma:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    I made some sushi a couple of weeks back. Once you know how, it's quite simple and you can make lots of different shapes.

I'm most proud of being able to make bread from scratch, all done by hand. It's not difficult but there's such a huge sense of pride when it comes out all nice and brown and smelling absolutely delicious!
    Ahhh hand made bread! I haven't made that since I was like 10! I LOVE freshly baked bread :coma: might have to give it ago at some point in the next week or so...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)

Yeah, making bread is great! The smell is gorgeous. I love cooking pizza too (making the dough + sauce). Although I might not be so impressed with my own efforts when I go to Italy next month, haha.

Chilli con carne is probably one of the things I make most...simple and easy, but always so tasty and filling.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dothestrand)
    A roast dinner for 6 people. Getting the timings spot on so everything's cooked and hot at the same time is hard, especially when you've got a small, crap oven.
    And generally any recipe I've never tried before. There's always a fear that it could go horrifically wrong and you'll end up hungry.
    I feel your pain! Especially as we have an aga, so you can never be quite sure how long everything's going to take to cook, due to it being extremely temperamental!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Toast.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im still 16 so i dont cook ... BUT i do know how to prepare "croque monsieur" , yummmm best sandwiches ever !
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Pizza from scratch is always incredibly satisfying. I also am an omnivore in a vegetarian family, so I severely miss meat when I'm home from uni. Hence one of my best moments was when my cousin told me the tofu I'd made tasted like sausage.
    • 50 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty much able to tell how far cooked a steak is from touching it now. I always feel happy when I cook steaks for all four members of my family with each one being to order XD
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The one thing I can cook is egg fried rice.

But damn, can I cook egg fried rice. :pierre:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably my Chille con carne............although it's cheaper to buy it our of a jar :s
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Beef Wellington. Cooked it absolutely perfectly, on the 6th time (obviously over a period of time ).
    Got the roasties spot on, the veg soft, the pastry fluffy and the beef perfectly cooked. It just melted in my mouth- so proud of myself.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sockpirate)
    So, I had a craving for sushi, and I decided that I would treat my family to a sushi dinner, instead of spending an extortionate amount of money at Yo! Sushi or another sushi restaurant. I was worried that it wouldn't turn out right, but I needn't have worried - it tasted even better than any that I've bought before, and had the added bonus of the satisfaction of making it myself

So yes, what are YOU most proud that you managed to make?

Here's a few pics of my sushi (sorry if they're huge!)
    O . M . G

Won't you please marry me and be my full time cook!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamnotasealion)
    The one thing I can cook is egg fried rice.

But damn, can I cook egg fried rice. :pierre:
    I'll be the judge of that :pierre:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Profiteroles :drool: Choux pastry is tricky.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    WOW they look really nice, best ive made was a chicken pie =/ i was proud when all the sauce came out of the slice lol beats curry=/
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    French fries. :coma:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 19, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.