The Student Room Group

Should I apply for student finance, even though I haven't heard from my choices..?

I applied a little late, therefore I probably won't hear back until end or the month, maybe start of next month. Should I apply for student finance ASAP? Or should I wait until I've heard back from my choices?
No, apply asap!
Apply, You need the Uni/course details though, so put down the one you would most likelky go to if you got an offer, you can always change it later on.

Remember, you get more loan if its a uni in london, so if you were planning to go to a uni in london, then got rejected from them and had to go somewhere outside london, the amount of mantainence loan/grant would drop.

Make sure you dont take details from UCAS tho, and fill it in yourself
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
You can fill in pretty much the whole thing without needing to know the Uni stuff. So I would fill it all in, and then wait maybe one more week for Unis to get back to you. If they don't, then I would put in your most likely Uni and send it off. It's best to be in the system, and if you need to change it, you can do that easily.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by kevin6767
I take it you have had little dealing with student finance. Applying by just filling in a university you have applied to is just storing up problems with changing it later when they are trying to deal with hundreds of thousands of applications later. The vast majority of places will have been handed out by 5th May and student finance guaranty to full assess you on time if you apply before the 16th May, there is plenty of time for OP to apply.

Yes, but they can still fill out the whole form apart from that small bit and then save it.
And actually if OP applied after the deadline (and they say they applied late) then the Unis can have until July to decide what they want to do with their application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending