The Student Room Group

Maintenance Grants??

Where/how on earth do you apply for maintenance grants? I've applied for Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans, but nothing was on the site bout grants :frown: And not being funny but I need that money xD
Call student finance.
Did you apply for means-tested or non-means-tested?
yeah, you're parents have to fill out their bit first, and then i think it gets updated?
But i'm in the same boat as you so hopefully someone can confirm that this is what actually happens... :smile:
Reply 4
As far as I know, you're automatically assessed for the maintenance grant if you choose to share your household income with student finance.
Reply 5
I panicked too when I filled in my form and at the end where in the Grant applied for (or something like that) box it says N/A. However, I got my papers through from them and it is automatically assessed from the details given and will be shown on the paper agreement.
Original post by zovija
I panicked too when I filled in my form and at the end where in the Grant applied for (or something like that) box it says N/A. However, I got my papers through from them and it is automatically assessed from the details given and will be shown on the paper agreement.

So was this after your parents had sent off their forms PFF2 or whatever they're called.. ? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by supernova92
So was this after your parents had sent off their forms PFF2 or whatever they're called.. ? :smile:

My Parents didn't have to send off any forms - the questions you are asked and the evidence you need to supply vary depending on what sort of job your parents have etc.

The forms came through about a week after I'd submitted my form; there was just a breakdown of what you'd get, (loan and grant), a declaration to sign and a piece of paper you have to take to your university when you register. :smile:
Original post by zovija
My Parents didn't have to send off any forms - the questions you are asked and the evidence you need to supply vary depending on what sort of job your parents have etc.

The forms came through about a week after I'd submitted my form; there was just a breakdown of what you'd get, (loan and grant), a declaration to sign and a piece of paper you have to take to your university when you register. :smile:

Ah okay, thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest