The Student Room Group

Maintenance Grant

Like others, I'm a tad bit confused about the Maintenance Grant!

I'm going to Uni for the first time in September and I am obviously looking to move out. The thing is, I'd rather not live in halls, but rather in some other place university approved nearby (Not a fan of sharing a kitchen & bathroom with others).

So, my query is, can I still get my maintenance grant for this? And if so, how do I go about paying it to my landlord etc? (Like does it go through my bank, or does SF send it straight to whoever I provide?)

Thanks!

-Hamish
Reply 1
Maintenance Grant is nothing to do with what acommodation you choose to stay in, it depends on your household income. If you are entitled to a Grant then it gets paid into your bank account in 3 installments around the start of each of your university terms, its up to you to then pay the landlord however they want paying.
Reply 2
Original post by flipshot
Maintenance Grant is nothing to do with what acommodation you choose to stay in, it depends on your household income. If you are entitled to a Grant then it gets paid into your bank account in 3 installments around the start of each of your university terms, its up to you to then pay the landlord however they want paying.

Sweet, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending