The Student Room Group

Tuition Fee Loans + Transfers

Is it correct that one is ineligible for a tuition fee loan if they have lived self sufficiently for over three years?

I am transferring from one university to another (on the same course), but I am repeating the second year. For some reason student finance only offers me a tuition fee loan if I say that I am studying in the third year of my course, if I select the second year it gives the tuition fee loan as zero. Any idea what's going on here?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Liiffy
Is it correct that one is ineligible for a tuition fee loan if they have lived self sufficiently for over three years?

No, but

I am transferring from one university to another (on the same course), but I am repeating the second year. For some reason student finance only offers me a tuition fee loan if I say that I am studying in the third year of my course, if I select the second year it gives the tuition fee loan as zero. Any idea what's going on here?

This is about the limited number of years Student Finance will fund you for - other posters who know better about this side of thing will respond on that side (or I will if no-one turns up!)
Reply 2
I was told that student finance allow for the years in your course, plus one more for failures/transfers/etc....
yeah they should give your length of course + one year, i repeated first year maths so still was able to get funding for the rest of my course if i had carried on..but i dont know why you wont get loan for your repeated 2nd year :confused: ring them up :smile:
Reply 4
Have you repeated before, or done a year of another course before this one?
Reply 5
I have done an open university course, but that was only a couple of months long. I was living at home at the time and received a grant of under £200. Would they seriously count that as 'A Year of Study'?
Reply 6
Shouldn't effect you at all. The calculator is wrong.
Reply 7
Sounds like it. I'll be phoning them tomorrow to set this straight. Thanks for the help, guys.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending