The Student Room Group

I had a Penis Frenuloplasty, girls did I make the right choice?

Anonymous or delete please...

Okay, so I had a short frenulum on my penis and so the doctor suggested that we do a minor operation which basically does two thing, it allows complete retraction of the foreskin as if someone was circumcised but it is not a circumcision as you can pull it back, it just doesn't retract on its own anymore. This operation serves two purposes, when a frenulum is too short it can prevent full erection potential, as in you may get very hard but you can get even harder after that (Not that much of a difference for the guy but it is more pleasant for the girl). The other thing is that people with a short frenulum will also feel less pleasure during sex because their foreskin is going to move up on its own and always cover part of the gland. It is also advisable to remove the frenulum on people that have a very short one because it might break during intercourse which isn't very nice...

Appearance wise it looks like the person has a normal non circumcised penis until he pulls back his foreskin which then more or less stays back in place and it then looks circumcised. (Apparently it also gives the penis up to an extra centimetre in appearance but that's not part of the reason why I did it anyway...)

Anyway, now I was starting to have my doubts about whether I have done the right choice or not... I am still a virgin at 20 and er... I don't know what a girl would think of that...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also, where my frenulum once was there is a scar so that is the thing that got me worried mainly...
was it painful? Im almost certain that I need it done too.

Of course you made the right choice. You can now have sex without worrying about frenulum breaking and dont have a tight frenulum.
I'd rather not snap my frenulum during sex, so I'd say you made the right choice.
*******s to what girls think, it's not exactly something that's going to come up during sex; "oh by the way, I had my frenulum cut a few months back" might ruin the mood a bit.
You done it to prevent potential health risks in the future, there's no need to twist it into something sexual.
Reply 4
Original post by bloomblaze
was it painful? Im almost certain that I need it done too.

Of course you made the right choice. You can now have sex without worrying about frenulum breaking and dont have a tight frenulum.

It was quite painful, peeing was horrible, there were brown stitches everywhere and my underwear would be full of blood every day for at least the first week. It takes about a month to recover from this.
tbh i don't think there are many girls who would even notice or care
Reply 6
Original post by Ellsbells3032
tbh i don't think there are many girls who would even notice or care

You would not notice a scar on your boyfriend's joystick? :confused:
if i did i really wouldn't care....tbh i don't look that closely lol
I have honestly no idea what you have had done. I doubt any girl would care TBH.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I have honestly no idea what you have had done. I doubt any girl would care TBH.

The frenulum on my penis was removed completely.
Original post by Anonymous
You would not notice a scar on your boyfriend's joystick? :confused:

Honestly, no. The vast majority aren't going to look very closely. Penises aren't really the most attractive thing, so long as it gets the job done women won't ask for a guided tour.
Girls would notice more if your Frenulum was short than if there wasn't one.
IT has a habit of "dragging" the head down, as it goes taut, and becomes painful.
Worst of all, is as you've said, it snapping. Loooots of blood and pain.
And the butt of jokes at UNI it must be said...
if you needed the op for medical reasons then how can you make the wrong choice???
Reply 13
You already did it, so if you feel that this is the right thing for you then you are right !
Original post by Vohamanah
Honestly, no. The vast majority aren't going to look very closely. Penises aren't really the most attractive thing, so long as it gets the job done women won't ask for a guided tour.

My penis is very attractive thank you very mush!

it has a pair of sunglasses to go with it too.
Reply 15
Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Sounds like you absolutely made the right decision.
So you're just worried about the scar/being different? I really wouldn't care about that and I don't imagine other girls would either.
It sounds like it was medically the right decision.
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but i've been told I need a frenuloplasty, and was wondering if there was any difference in sensitivity with the frenulum? I've looked everywhere online and can't find much info on it
Reply 18
Best decision of my life, not quite sure if I got a frenuloplasty or a frenectomy, seems pretty much the same. I've had the operation 1 month ago and I've been having sex with my girlfriends for about a week now. So wait 3-4 weeks post-op to have sex and masturbate.
Personally, i think my dick looks better without my frenulum, my girlfriend can finally **** and suck at the same time (as it was painful to do so before), amazing experience.
Operation went fine, felt a bit dizzy for 15 minutes post-op, a little discomfort for a day or two but way less than i had imagined. I recommend to get stoned and do nothing for the first day or two, then everything is normal, you can clean, shower as usual, no need to worry.
The hardest thing is to not have sex and especially masturbate. I don't think I hadn't masturbated in 4 weeks since... forever! It was very hard at times, specially having a horny gf that wants to see you.
Sex is more or less the same now, except i don't need to worry about it hurting (before I could only have sex once/24h), which, in itself makes sex better. Sensation in itself feels pretty much the same.
I totally recommend it, it costs 150$ but is the best sexual decision I've ever made!
Good luck guys :smile:
Thanks bro for advice, I will also get this done due to medical reason. Earlier I was scared for sensation loss. Now I dont think there would be any sensation loss.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest