The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lutters97
I don't think homosexuality is genetic at all, it's all a social influence. That doesn't make it any more of a choice to be homosexual but in all these wishy-washy neural pathways, same sex attraction just happens to develop in those bi-curious years.

The normal thinking of a gay-basher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathanAllen
The normal thinking of a gay-basher

No no, I respect homosexuality as much as I do heterosexuality but it's not either extreme of completely biological or completely conscious choice. The evolutionary urge is there for heterosexuality which in some way makes homosexuality abnormal but as it becomes more accepted in society, that social influence allows for more freedom of sexual diversity and therefore same sex attraction can become a person's primary arousal; not through choice but not through genetics. That therefore also supports homosexuality as a simple and basic human trait and condemns your so-called 'gay-bashing' as if it's a treatable disease.
Reply 62
Original post by kopite493
how so....

in its simplest form is it not that the best genes are being past on....

if so those genes can still mutate

I have to say I agree with you there
Reply 63
No no, I respect homosexuality as much as I do heterosexuality but it's not either extreme of completely biological or completely conscious choice. The evolutionary urge is there for heterosexuality which in some way makes homosexuality abnormal but as it becomes more accepted in society, that social influence allows for more freedom of sexual diversity and therefore same sex attraction can become a person's primary arousal; not through choice but not through genetics. That therefore also supports homosexuality as a simple and basic human trait and condemns your so-called 'gay-bashing' as if it's a treatable disease.

I wish I could explain things just like you!

What the hell are you talking about bashing something it talking bad or saying mean things. So in turn its not a disease nor is it treatable. So you can for get about homosexuality as any type of choice because its genetic and people that use homosexuality as a arousal should be ashamed of them selves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathanAllen
What the hell are you talking about bashing something it talking bad or saying mean things. So in turn its not a disease nor is it treatable. So you can for get about homosexuality as any type of choice because its genetic and people that use homosexuality as a arousal should be ashamed of them selves.

I'm really sorry but I don't understand what you're saying here and I believe you're misunderstanding what I'm saying also.
I'm really sorry but I don't understand what you're saying here and I believe you're misunderstanding what I'm saying also.

Homosexuality is genetic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest