The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
maoam
why don't they just say so then, if it was me i would have gone into the latin root of the word profession and made a complete fool of myself :rolleyes:

maoam x

Lol, we were told for pre-reg interviews, there might me some questions which sound really weird, but the gist of it is like what are your best and worst qualities.
Reply 21
I said that proffessions require extensive training and use an ethical code (which the interviewer agreed on). related to pharmacy, you also join a a professional body afterwards. you have to keep up to date all the time with CPd's.
jaggy1
I said that proffessions require extensive training and use an ethical code (which the interviewer agreed on). related to pharmacy, you also join a a professional body afterwards. you have to keep up to date all the time with CPd's.

Nice answer Jaggy. You could all maybe get a copy of the MEP (medicines, ethics and practice), if you don't already have one. Read up on the code of ethics part, and you'll show a good understanding about the specifics for pharmacists. That would impress most interviewers I would have thought.

The Pharmaceutical Journal is also on-line: -

http://www.pjonline.com/

having a read of this will show them you are up to date with current pharmacy thinking and views.

Ok this may all be a bit over the top, but if places are tight, then competition will be fearce, and you need to stand out from the crowd. Go speak to pharmacists, ring up companies and ask to see their labs, and find out what's going on. Contact your local hospital pharmacy department and go around for an afternoon. Most places like to show off their stuff, and all qualified people were once students, and somebody will have once helped them along the way.

I think this kind of approach can apply to other courses as well.

Go get em guys :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending