The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
alexk13
Does anyone know how stringent the grade requirements are for UCL philosophy, i really want to go there and am very interested in the course but ive only got ABB, instead of AAB. Is there anyway to persuade them into an offer?

hey, this guy i knew last year in halls was made an AAB offer, but ended up getting BBB and they still let him in as they saw potential in him. he got a 2:1 in his first year. have you already got your grades, or are they your predicted grades?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I already have the grades...
alexk13
I already have the grades...

i'm not sure then
Reply 4
Ive got an A at A/S level aswell, will it help that it is an A, or do they only want a pass at A-Level?
alexk13
Ive got an A at A/S level aswell, will it help that it is an A, or do they only want a pass at A-Level?

i'm sure that it'll undoubtedly help. have you submitted your application already? there's no harm in applying if ucl is the place you want to go. plus if you have a brilliant personal statement and good references, then they may let you in anyway. :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks for your advice Praktiv, i do really want to go to UCL and i really want to do philosophy. ive heard that the philosophy department puts more focus on a genuine interest in the course than the best grades. Do you know anything about this?
alexk13
Thanks for your advice Praktiv, i do really want to go to UCL and i really want to do philosophy. ive heard that the philosophy department puts more focus on a genuine interest in the course than the best grades. Do you know anything about this?

i'm not in the philosophy department, so i can't tell you anymore than i already have. it seems that way, as they let my friend in there.
Reply 8
thanks praktiv, ill take your advice into consideration, its just i want to be cautious not to waste an application as we only have 6! i'll try to find out more information
An admissions tutor at UCL said that 'Philosophy, like other very oversubscribed subjects, places great store by the commitment and interest shown in the candidate's personal statement on the UCAS form.'
I never realised it was so competitive! :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending