The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
aye. i was cooking at the time. Hrmmm. Was funny watching everyone with their torches out in the cold though!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
It was cool! :biggrin: Some of my flat mates were cooking but they just ate it anyway, then a few of us went for a wander about and went to Mama Mia's which still had power :biggrin: Pizzetta didn't though :frown:
Reply 3
It was the camera flashes (of which I provided quite a few) that I found amusing. Went for a wander out towards the motorway in search of some pictures to capture the moment. They won't have turned out well though - too dark, funnily enough :biggrin:

We know what caused it?
Reply 4
It was maaaaad! I was sooo hungry at the time and was about to cook dinner... gutted! I had to share this salad with one of my flatmates, thank God he thought ahead, haha! During the second power out we just gave up wondering and played monopoly! :biggrin:

As to what causes, I don't know... One of my flatmates asked the porters and even they had no clue what was going on so who knows?
Reply 5
I had heard it was all the way up to county oh well. Apparently a group from my block tried to light a camp fire outside O_o Hope it doesnt happen again.
Reply 6
I liked the fact that it was pitch black everywhere except for in the corridors where the backup lights are, so what did everyone do? Go stand outside in the freezing cold and pitch black! :biggrin: Twas a laugh
Reply 7
Last night it was funny and exciting, this morning when the power went out again I WAS ANNOYED. I'd just woken up! Would've stayed asleep if I'd known power would be out for an hour! Grr, haha.
Retardchar
Last night it was funny and exciting, this morning when the power went out again I WAS ANNOYED. I'd just woken up! Would've stayed asleep if I'd known power would be out for an hour! Grr, haha.

I hope they've sorted it now! 2 powercuts in 24 hours is a joke!

I have to reset my alarm clock AGAIN now!

Hehe.
Reply 9
Retardchar

There was a power cut this morning?!? Good job I didn't wake up until 11:50 :biggrin: (Lecture at 12! :p:)
It was at about quarter to twelve... went on for aaaages! Is my day off too and I missed ALL of This Morning! CUHCUHCUH! Unforgiveable, I say!

Also, yes, my alarm clock is still flashing. Can't be arsed to reset it yet, haha!
Reply 11
Hehe, I didn't even set my alarm for today. I thought, "12 o' clock lecture, I'll be up in time eeeeeeasy", I was wrong :p: Luckily Paul Taylor is almost always late! :biggrin: I'm supposed to have the rest of the day off but I'm busy trying to put off writing my essay at the moment, I WILL start .... soon :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending