Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 3- June 2011 Exam

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    does anybody have the scenario and practice worksheet for the Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 3 Exam yet

i noticed the unit 7 one was out so im just hoping i can look through it over the easter holiday

thanks in advance
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The prerelease might be on the edexcel website, but I will add it here anyway. I am doing this exam aswell. Its good we get longer than usual to look over the prerelease.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pdf W40968A.pdf (62.7 KB, 1111 views)
  2. File Type: xls Kraftz_practice.xls (225.5 KB, 580 views)
  3. File Type: txt Basketware_practice.txt (451 Bytes, 222 views)
  4. File Type: txt Carved_practice.txt (679 Bytes, 187 views)
  5. File Type: txt Jewellery_practice.txt (844 Bytes, 173 views)
  6. File Type: txt Woollen_practice.txt (474 Bytes, 166 views)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    oh and cheers for the documents
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt7425)
    The prerelease might be on the edexcel website, but I will add it here anyway. I am doing this exam aswell. Its good we get longer than usual to look over the prerelease.
    when did u get the pre-release stuff??
    cos i am gonna go psyco at my teacher if you got it b4 we left school
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    am also taking the unit 3 exam.... so any off ur teachers gave any tips, unfortunately my teacher is a sleeping *****...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi
    can some tel me how 2 do ict unit 3
    my techer is so busy in doing some ..............(u can undestand)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i have just started it but the first part is just importing the data and then just making a =(cell reference) equation

havnet done any more than that and the cell reference is probely obvious
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    how are you meant to make a decent profit. i have got £23,033.58 and that is with most of the shops closed
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul3200)
    when did u get the pre-release stuff??
    cos i am gonna go psyco at my teacher if you got it b4 we left school
    Lol, I got the stuff last thursday, which is when it was apparently released. ^^
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh and how do you do the advertising part of task three. Its confusing me. :confused:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    how are you meant to make a decent profit. i have got £23,033.58 and that is with most of the shops closed
    Open more shops then if you can. You will know if you have too much if some of the cells on monthly figures show up red.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh and how do you do the advertising part of task three. Its confusing me. :confused:
    i just used the data above the yellow bit guessing that we are going to get it in the real exam (i hope)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Open more shops then if you can. You will know if you have too much if some of the cells on monthly figures show up red.
    thats what i did and went into major debt
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I got the stuff last thursday, which is when it was apparently released. ^^
    we were in school just so i can shout at her
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see. I'll try that then.
    Ah, ok. lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    WTF you already have yours out t**t of a teacher isnt giving it to us till next term
    It has to be given to you within a certain time before your exam and not before. I do this subject too, however I'm in yr 13 and I am doing the Unit 8 exam. If your exam is not until late may/early June I don't think they are allowed to give it to you. Best check with your teacher though
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashlee1993)
    It has to be given to you within a certain time before your exam and not before. I do this subject too, however I'm in yr 13 and I am doing the Unit 8 exam. If your exam is not until late may/early June I don't think they are allowed to give it to you. Best check with your teacher though
    it is my first exam
    (i think she still hasn't given us the final date for it yet just the week it is in and it will most likely be in my geog exam)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got mine from my teacher this Monday (no time before start of half term) . For the spreadsheet part, apparently you just have to import all of the data files into a blank worksheet, and copy and paste into the yellow bits where required. For the formula, you can just replicate the one on the cell to the left of it. Exam is 25 May (at least in my school, anyway). That makes it almost another 3 weeks before they have to give you the scenario. :O Advice for the exam is to just play around with the spreadsheet and get really comfortable with how it works.

Edit: Oh, and for the advertising data you get a printout in the real exam. Sometimes you just get the printout and you have to type it in, and sometimes the data is there already but you have to find a couple of errors.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys i have completely done the model, im making a profit of £177,950.73 by opening only two shops and using all of the advertising methods! Im nt sure if im right, so if u guys cud do the model so tht we will be able to discuss whose right and the highest profit made here.

thank you
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajay fernando)
    Guys i have completely done the model, im making a profit of £177,950.73 by opening only two shops and using all of the advertising methods! Im nt sure if im right, so if u guys cud do the model so tht we will be able to discuss whose right and the highest profit made here.

thank you
    Don't we all have different advertising data so we'll all get different results?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 2, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.