The Student Room Group

Really nervous!!!!

Hi there, this is my first post on TSR and I hope that it will prove to be helpful. I am looking to go to an adults residential college in september/october of this year and I have already applied for Ruskin College, in Oxford and Fircroft College, in Birmingham. Both of these have offered me and interview. But I do not know what to expect. Can anybody tell me what their experiences of these interviews have been like??? Thanks.
Reply 1
What sort of course is it for? For my access to HE course I had to either prove I had Maths and English GCSE at C (or above) or take an assesment to show I could work at that level. I took the assesment.

At the interview I explained why I wanted to do the course and what steps I'd taken to gain experience and find out about universities. There was also a presentation which showed us how wonderful they think they are.

Good luck for your interviews.
Reply 2
The one at Ruskin is for History and Fircroft is for Social Sciences. By gain experience. What do you mean...?

Thanks for helping me out to.
Reply 3
Original post by loz1990
By gain experience. What do you mean...?

Well what are you hoping to achieve by doing this course? Will it lead to a job or a university course? For me, I've got some work experience relating to my end goal and that I'd e-mailed a couple of universities to find out about entry requirements. I think it is best to come across like you have a plan rather than sounding like you want to do their course because you've got nothing better to do, if that makes sense.
Reply 4
Hi, just thought that I would tell you that your help allowed me to prepare for the interview and I got in to Ruskin!!! So thank you ever so much
Reply 5
Original post by loz1990
Hi, just thought that I would tell you that your help allowed me to prepare for the interview and I got in to Ruskin!!! So thank you ever so much

Hurrah! Well done you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending