The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Who's going to Abertay?

Hey folks!

I'm the new Abertay Students Association Vice President, and just a quick message to say that if anyone has any questions about Abertay let me know and I'll do my best to get you an answer!

Not gonna know everything but should be answer most queries or at least find an answer for you!

See you all in September!

Simon:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

If Abertay gave me an offer on subjects that I am ACTUALLY doing then maybe yes. They gave me an offer of BBB including B IN DRAMA!!! I am not even doing drama and didnt put it on UCAS either, it is even more funny that I applied for a computing course. I have phoned 3 times and they have not done a thing. Anyway looks like Napier.
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 2
lol what course you apply for?
Reply 3
Original post by DenkMit
Hey folks!

I'm the new Abertay Students Association Vice President, and just a quick message to say that if anyone has any questions about Abertay let me know and I'll do my best to get you an answer!

Not gonna know everything but should be answer most queries or at least find an answer for you!

See you all in September!

Simon:biggrin:

Yo
I visited the town seemed a bit dull but that didn't bother me to much.
But what is the night life really like and the girls too?
Original post by Rory :)
Yo

If Dundee seems dull to you, then I don't know what would impress you. The night life here is fantastic, so much choice. The girls...are normal? Aka, if you're not getting it at home, you're not gonna get it at uni.
Reply 5
Original post by ToastyCoke
If Dundee seems dull to you, then I don't know what would impress you. The night life here is fantastic, so much choice. The girls...are normal? Aka, if you're not getting it at home, you're not gonna get it at uni.

I think I saw the whole town in a day. As for the night life is there really no more then 10 bars/clubs?

No but is there a lot of girls? (ratio maybe?) when i went for the open day on the 6th of April I hardly saw any.
Reply 6
Original post by ProudScottish
If Abertay gave me an offer on subjects that I am ACTUALLY doing then maybe yes. They gave me an offer of BBB including B IN DRAMA!!! I am not even doing drama and didnt put it on UCAS either, it is even more funny that I applied for a computing course. I have phoned 3 times and they have not done a thing. Anyway looks like Napier.
If you want to drop me a line I'll try and get this looked into... To be honest, it sounds like a UCAS error - we don't do drama either! It might just be an office error that someone needs to correct. Feel free to private message me on here and I can get in touch.

Yo
Dundee's nightlife isn't huge as it isn't a huge town, but there's something for everyone, and there's ALWAYS a student crowd out drinking, trust me! It's far from dull!! The girls are the same as girls everywhere, don't think location changes that! The ratio isn't any different from what is normal either! There is something like 25,000 students in a town of 140,000, which is one of the highest percentages in the UK.
Reply 7
Original post by DenkMit

Dundee's nightlife isn't huge as it isn't a huge town, but there's something for everyone, and there's ALWAYS a student crowd out drinking, trust me! It's far from dull!! The girls are the same as girls everywhere, don't think location changes that! The ratio isn't any different from what is normal either! There is something like 25,000 students in a town of 140,000, which is one of the highest percentages in the UK.

Thank you for an honest answer. I'm still going to firm it regardless of the nightlife.
Do you know how competitive places for opal are?
Reply 8
No worries - good to hear it! Say hello in Freshers Week!

Truthfully, I'm not sure! Although I drove by this afternoon and they have a sign up advertising spaces so assuming there's still some left. The uni are still learning about things like that with Opal as this is only it's first year. It's in a great position though, right next to the uni and the main clubs and only 5mins from the city centre.
Reply 9
Are you going to firm the ethical hacking rory?
Reply 10
Original post by MrVinny
Are you going to firm the ethical hacking rory?

Yeah, you had your interview yet?
Reply 11
:-o I inadvertently stole your idea Simon, though I wasn't gonna make a thread about it just do my best to answer Q's
Reply 12
Yeah, you had your interview yet?

Thats cool hope you enjoy it, I havent had my telephone interview yet, im close to firming one of the other offers i have because Abertay seem to be dragging their feet about stuff. Would rather they just said "No this course isnt for you" at least i could focus on my other offers.
Reply 13
Vinny i wouldn't take the wait personal there's a few hacking conferences down in London a few of the lecturers are speaking at over the next few weeks. they're kinda busy.
Reply 14
Im not taking it personally, I just have a few other other things to be sorting out and this wait is putting things on a truncated timetable. I understand they are busy but not busy enough to invite people up from London and give them an interview when I pretty much live round the corner in that scale. It does sound like im taking it personally but really Im not fussed either way, just want to get it out the road.
I'm 98% sure that I'm going to firm Abertay for Computer Arts. Anyone else? c:
The boyfriends going to Abertay and I'm going with haha :smile: anybody know about accommodation as we can't stay in student accommodation there i don't think. Anybody got any tips about letting agents (which ones to avoid.) Also whats the work and the lectures like he's firmed biomed science and his insurance is forensic science.
Reply 17
Original post by Charlottie93
The boyfriends going to Abertay and I'm going with haha :smile: anybody know about accommodation as we can't stay in student accommodation there i don't think. Anybody got any tips about letting agents (which ones to avoid.) Also whats the work and the lectures like he's firmed biomed science and his insurance is forensic science.
Avoid Jamal Propertyworld and Grant Management - you'd be better living in the streets than in a Jamal flat...!!

Lickely Proctor and Shepard are both good. By and large so are most of the private lets around town too.
Original post by DenkMit
Avoid Jamal Propertyworld and Grant Management - you'd be better living in the streets than in a Jamal flat...!!

Lickely Proctor and Shepard are both good. By and large so are most of the private lets around town too.

Ok thanks :smile: like I said we're going to go up and have a look around at the minute we've just been having a look on Rightmove and found some nice flats but not been looking at the names although I will start to now :smile:
Reply 19
Rossclare Lettings are fairly reasonable - though they'll sting you at the start full admin fee, deposit and months rent in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest