The Student Room Group

Apple discount for students

hey guys i need some advice; well im plainning to get a macbook pro for uni this september but im not sure when to buy iit to get the discounts. do u know know what the discounts are as well
Reply 1
Original post by Kris091
hey guys i need some advice; well im plainning to get a macbook pro for uni this september but im not sure when to buy iit to get the discounts. do u know know what the discounts are as well

http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000832/
Apple discount is approximately 14% across all macs, and available all year round. However if you wait for their "Back to School" event, usually spanning July until early September, you will get a free iPod touch with every Mac. They usually out printers on at a discounted price too at this point.
Reply 3
how do i prove im a student that is gonna star uni as i need to be on the uni*s website to do it i guess
Reply 4
I think at the moment it is cheaper on amazon, even with the student discount.

EDIT-ok at the moment the apple education discount prices are lower, but they do seem to change often.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Kris091
how do i prove im a student that is gonna star uni as i need to be on the uni*s website to do it i guess

take a copy of your offer letter into an apple store.

or i just rang up and they never asked for proof
Reply 7
Even cheaper if you can pick one up in the USA (if you or a friend happen to be passing through).
Original post by Kris091

As said above, a letter with your conditional offer or a print screen from your UCAS track page is often enough. Obviously you can't use this online, so you'll have to buy instore if you can't access the education store online.

Original post by JCM89
Even cheaper if you can pick one up in the USA (if you or a friend happen to be passing through).

This.
Reply 9
do u get an ipod for sure or does it depend of each uear
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Kris091

Yes, you w1ill definitely get an iPod, regardless of which Mac you purchase.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending