The Student Room Group

A* for ICT

Scroll to see replies

It is ludicrously hard to get an A* in ICT, close to impossible but obviously not. The mark scheme for the exam paper is very stupid and your answers need to more or less be the same as the MS. I think you can check the grade stats on the exam board website which shows the percentage of the grades achieved last year. It is not easy, but do your best.
Reply 21
Coursework element of it is so stupid aswell, I got 84% raw marks so I thought I was fine and I ended up with 64% of the UMS :confused:
Reply 22
Original post by userna-me*
It is ludicrously hard to get an A* in ICT, close to impossible but obviously not. The mark scheme for the exam paper is very stupid and your answers need to more or less be the same as the MS. I think you can check the grade stats on the exam board website which shows the percentage of the grades achieved last year. It is not easy, but do your best.

Yeah, thats so true man!
I'm just hoping for an A now aha.
Reply 23
Although Im on a different exam board (edexcel) perhaps I can still be of some help:

My course is worth 4 GCSE's and currently I've just completed the second one (each one is about a year long). Ive got a distinction in the first and Im expected the same for the second.
From my experience Id say its best you just 'tick the boxes'. You really dont have to overwork yourself but you do need to put some effort in. I found that in the beginning I was just doing tooo much e.g. I wrote 5 page essays..which was really unnecessary. When you see the mark scheme you realise that all they want is to see that you can apply some real world skills on a lower much simpler level. What I mean is, you just have to show that you can do something with a decent quality and you'll be getting those top grades. Now my motto is to keep things minimum and quality. The recipe for success. 'Quality over quantity'.
Hope this has been of some help for anyone doing ICT :smile:
Reply 24
AQA ICT just takes agessssss - you'll have no life by the end of it...
Pointless coursework and well easy exam - you can get an A* in no time!
Exam questions are like: 'What are the health risks of staying on the computer for too long?'
Ya just need some common sense...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending