The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I so hope to get the full scholarship. I am also from a Dev. country and that would be my only chance to study in UK.
I did not get a eva. form.

Its takin too long - that is right! - I reveived the offering letter 2 weeks after i had the inteview and the will be the same for the scholarship - And I dont know how long it will take to get a visa...

The Prof. i talked in the intervew said that it will be a lottery game - to get a scholarship. :-(

I dont know how good my personal statement is. I did not know what to write.

Die u guys send the same as for the course application?
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 21
I never had an interview with anyone from faculty, based on my application and documents I got conditional offer.
Now I have to take IELTS test.
I had same persons for recommendation letters for scholarship aplication that I had for admission , but with different content of letters.
Reply 22
Yeah we can just hope to get it. I belive there are max 2-3 places per scholarship, I applyed for 7. But I think all of u did that ;-)
Reply 23
@Frestia: Yeah thats the problem - it seams to be very easy to get an offer from Westminster for the most Programms. My friend got an offer within 2 days after he applyed. He got an unconditional offer even if he has not taken the IETLS test yet and at the time he also did not finished his degree. So there might be a lot of people who got the offer and i think as Westminster is very popular for its Scholarships - most of them migt have applyed for one...

Did you guys applyed for scholarships at other universitys? For my subjekt(Design) i did not find any other uni in the hole UK with full scholarships....
Same sh*t different day guys. Let's keep waiting :smile:
Reply 25
its a **** uni turn around!
Reply 26
Was it a particular course that makes it **** in your opinion @nowayout? Or staff? Or something?
Reply 27
To Fresia n other guys

I received the evaluation form. but wat surprised me is that I received two confirmation letter for the arrival of my application. The first was saying the s will be out in early to mid july, n then I went on to receive another on on 9 June 2011 sayin the results will be out late july. I`m kind like confused.
Reply 28
Actually , same with me, I got two confirmation letters as well informing on different time when to expect the answer, as you wrote.

Hmmm... If it is going to be late July than really it is toooo late.. On the other hand if it is positive it is worth waiting :smile:.
Reply 29
To Fresia

Did u apply for westminster scholarships only, As 4 me I applied the other one which shot me down. So i`m now left hanging on westminster n then if it turns -ve then I will be done. I`m also from a developing country in Southern Africa. The other scholarship that shoot me down had a section which required me to reveal other organisations which I had applied to for they do not allow double funding. And I did reveal that I also applied for westminster scholarship
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
I just applied for scholarship at Westminster... I am waiting...
Reply 31
Hi people!

I am pretty NEW here and I have just found this ss forum - I have also applied for a full scholarship and I am from a developing country. I have read your posts and I became a bit discouraged; it seems as if neither of us got a reply - I am a bit confused with regard to some kind of interviews - also I have received so far 2 emails from the UNI in the first of which it was stated that the results will be published in early July; whereas in the second one they told me to expect for a reply in late July :frown:

Hope we all be successful
Reply 32
To HERA

Did you receive a sort of questionaire like an evaluation form which required you to evaluate UNI perfomance regarding the application process
Reply 33
@ eddie

Yes, about the same time I got the second mail - but I completed with fairly short answers since it is a questionnaire - I really don't know and I check the email every single day I can't understand what's taking them so long
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 34
@ Hera

Ok- I just wanted to check coz there are other guys who did not receive those second e-mails as well as the questionaire. I`m also in the same position as u i`m also checking my e-mail each n every day. Lets continue hoping that we will be awarded.
Reply 35
Hi guys,

did anybody reach the Scholarship office? I tried a lot of times and did not get through.

And does anybody know if we get a email with the result? I thought we just get a mail via post - so it will take 2-3 weeks more :-(
Reply 36
Just a quick question for you all. This may only affect those whose applications were sent in late April or early May.

Did you all in some form or another receive some sort of confirmation or acknowledgement from Westminster saying that they had received your application form and relevent documentation?

As I said before i'm from Ireland and so am only eligible to apply for 3 of the EU scholarships. My documentation was sent off through registered post on the 15th of May and our national post service (An Post) and I received an email saying that it had been delivered to Westminster on the 20th, a full 11 days before the closing date but still I got no acknowledgement from the University itself. They do say that they won't be able to contact you if it's too close to the closing date but is 11 days really that close?

And now we're all trying to get through to them and there's no response.

On the topic of the results it states in the scholarship booklet:

'Once decisions have been made, the administrator will write to you if you are successful, informing you of the outcome. If you are unsuccessful, you will be contacted as far as is possible.'

I assume that if you get it, it'll be through normal mail?

How's everyone holding up? Wish we knew sooner. I know that thousands of people apply and I suppose that we all wish they took time and patience with our applications specifically but every application has to go in front of a committee...

Wonder how many they get through a day. We should all hope that they're in a good mood when they read ours!
Reply 37
Can anyone tell me how many scholarships they will give per course or...? Do they have some kind of a limited number or maybe criteria?
Reply 38
I think they will not have more than 1 or max. 2 "places" for each scholarship.
It looks like its easy to get one - coz they have a lot of scholarships on the website - but i think on this 40 or 50 scholarships they show on the website - there are 4000-5000 applicants - so the chance is very very low i think... :-(
Reply 39
@ Azzabagdad

I did sent mine early April by snail mail via post, n it reached them on the 28th of April n they did confirm receipt of my application, n they confirmed that the results will be out early or mid july. But later they sent me n e-mail a week after deadline of 31st May that is in June informing me that the results will now be out in late July. In mid june they then sent me n questionnaire like n evaluation form asking me to evaluate hw the UNI handled the application process in other words the perfomance of the UNI, that is whether I was happy with the process.

Quick Reply