The Student Room Group

Geography AQA A2 Unit 4B

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andynejad

On the back page, it says "in areas where there is population pressure on farmland, mangroves may come under threat of removal" - whyyyyy? Thanks

People use the trees for building materials, to feed their cattle, for fuel wood, and theres a large clearance with the increase in shrimp farming. So to combat it an easy way is plant plant fodder (crops that farmers can feed their animals alternatively) and fast growing trees for fuelwood.
By the way what are people thinking the reason is for the blank information in the table? is it just that the statistics were taken before it was over? or does it mean that they are just actually zero ?
Reply 62
does anyone know any advantages/disadvantages of mangrove conservation in reducing the impact of cyclones???
Reply 63
Original post by makingamemory
more land needed for agriculture? as the mangroves will trap a lot of silt so the lands will be quite fertile
trees felled for revenue or fuel?

Honestly a guess, I'm dreading this paper more than tuesdays one as I've already failed it once and with the Belfast one I actually had my teacher helping us and had months to prepare, this time I had to do it by myself. :/

ye thanks I thought something like that. It's weird though, everyone at our school worked really hard for the Belfast one and came out with rubbish results, probably because we concentrated too much on the wrong, irrelevant stuff. With this, I'd say just know where is what in the book (i.e. where to look) and the website!
Reply 64
Original post by Niamhx
does anyone know any advantages/disadvantages of mangrove conservation in reducing the impact of cyclones???

Reduces impact of storm surges, but prevents silt which is needed for farmland, and often the farmers needed more water to grow their crops
ye thanks I thought something like that. It's weird though, everyone at our school worked really hard for the Belfast one and came out with rubbish results, probably because we concentrated too much on the wrong, irrelevant stuff. With this, I'd say just know where is what in the book (i.e. where to look) and the website!

True I guess we spent so much time looking at all these websites we may have focused more on that than the actual booklet? But as this one is really text heavy and has only one website I'm guessing the majority of our answer has to be from there anyway. But some of the questions were stupidly worded, but hey that's AQA for you.

I keep forgetting the mangrove page at the back lol
Reply 67
Original post by kittyminkyx
Thats great thank you! :smile:
Is they're any way i can get hold of the answer book?

It doesn't seem to be anywhere online so I scanned it in. I merged the pages into 1 document but it's too big to attach and I don't really want to upload it anyway because of copyright or whatever.

Anyway, I guess I can e-mail it to anyone who needs it.
(edited 12 years ago)
does anyone actually know HOW you revise for this?! is simply reading the booklet a lot enough? i have no bloody idea
Original post by Aodhán
It doesn't seem to be anywhere online so I scanned it in. I merged the pages into 1 document but it's too big to attach and I don't really want to upload it anyway because of copyright or whatever.

Could you send it to me please? I'll pm you my email address
thank you for doing this!
Reply 70
Just found out a potential question "To what extent can international agencies lift people out of extreme poverty/reduce effects to climate change" .. any ideas? :s-smilie: because theres not much in the AIB about it
Reply 71
Original post by Aodhán

Could you send it to me also? that would be awesome!
Reply 72
Original post by Reccoshai
Could you send it to me also? that would be awesome!

PM me your e-mail and I can send it to you mate.
Reply 73
Original post by Aodhán

yes pleasseee. [Mod edit: email address removed] thanks!
Reply 74
Aodhan,

I PM'd you my e-mail. Thank you very very much for this!
Original post by Aodhán
PM me your e-mail and I can send it to you mate.

Reply 76
Think I've sent it to everyone who has asked now, if not lemme know.
Original post by Aodhán

Original post by Aodhán

Ahh thanks a lot for that mate :biggrin: legend!
Reply 78
Original post by Aodhán

Hey can you send me one - [email protected]
Reply 79
Original post by Aodhán

Could you send me it please? :biggrin:
I'll message you my email. (: x
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending