The Student Room Group

Uni Conditions advice!

Ok, so i got 3 rejections and 2 conditions. Both my conditions are from Edinburgh, one for Physiology and one for Medical Biology. The conditions for both are the same, two higher A's.

My friend mentioned something to me about how its not really fair that both my firm and insurance offers are the same, meaning really i have no back up! And suggested i get intouch with the uni or ucas and see if theres anything that can be done or if they have anything to say on the matter.

I was just wondering if anyone here was in a similar situation or if anyone had any thoughts on it :smile:
Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
What your friend is suggesting is that you should phone your second choice, tell them that they're not your preferred choice and would they mind awfully lowering their entry requirements for you...

The two offers are perfectly fair - you just need to decide which course you prefer and insure with the other - you never know, one of them might accept you if you narrowly miss your grades anyway.

Original post by cardiogod
Ok, so i got 3 rejections and 2 conditions. Both my conditions are from Edinburgh, one for Physiology and one for Medical Biology. The conditions for both are the same, two higher A's.

My friend mentioned something to me about how its not really fair that both my firm and insurance offers are the same, meaning really i have no back up! And suggested i get intouch with the uni or ucas and see if theres anything that can be done or if they have anything to say on the matter.

I was just wondering if anyone here was in a similar situation or if anyone had any thoughts on it :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by cardiogod

Choose the one you prefer and select it as your firm; make the other your insurance on the off-chance that department might be more lenient; try and find a friend who can give better advice. No university department wants to make it easier for a candidate to select it as insurance.

Quick Reply