The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Keeping Safe In London. Definitive Guide

WELL I CAN TELL U London, IT AINT SAFE, CUZ MA CRU WILL WOOP Y'ALL INTO TOTAL SUBMISSION. YEAH BLUD IF U AINT DOWN WITH US THEN U GONNA HAVE MISSIONS! REMEMBER DAT AN U WILL BE SAFE!

Druglord killa' d. RUUUUSSSSPEEECTTT!

Nah, soz couldn't resist it. I am fortuanatly not a drug dealer but I know the area quite well as whilst I was at ucl i had some mates down in mile end and went quite frequently in addition I pretty much went everywhere in London at some point during the year.

To be honest you're only going to get in trouble if you yourself aren't careful. Gangs etc, stick to their territories - it sounds cliched but its true - and as long as you don't merrily strut into their turf and start giving random gangsters evils - that means giving them dirty looks and walking like you own the place - then no one will take notice of you because gangsters are lazy buggers at the best of times and really can't be bothered to run after you because they're either high on crack or have hardcore beer bellies, making them collapse if they run for more than a minute. I'm not making this up, as I had the 'pleasure' of meeting some in East London. But here's a list for those still having kittens.

1) Don't flash your valuables (obvious really)

2) Don't go down the street making loads of noise as it will attract not only gangsters but police too.....

3) If you see a gangster etc, don't look at them in the eye, because, due to the fact they're bored most of the time, just to get kicks they'll get all stressed because by looking at them you've disrespected their airspace. So don't give them 'evils' because they'll get all anal about it.

4) Don't talk to them. Just don't

5) Don't randomly go to the 'worst parts'. If you can avoid them, do so.

6) And this is the definate no go. DON'T DON'T impersonate them if they're within earshot. Bad, bad, bad idea, not that i've done it....lol

And lastly gangsters and rudeboi's are two different breeds. Annoy a gangster and you'll get shot. Annoy a rudeboi, he'll rap at you, make a load of random hand gestures and you can just laugh at them. Or rap back if you feel up to it. Just don't come out with a load of dry lyrics or the jokes on you.

Any questions? safe bluds...ruspect.

feel free to post your own advice/experiences.

Baadshah. :wink:
Reply 1
what a load of crap
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I almost closed the window after reading the first two lines, heh.
Reply 3
relax guys. work is very boring at the call centre i'm at, need something to do....

lighten up..
Reply 4
sanjiv
I almost closed the window after reading the first two lines, heh.

me too loli was like *rolls eyes* whatever u wannabe!
Reply 5
Dj Nastie
what a load of crap

control yourself DJ... lol

I'll be expecting a reply tomorrow, since you're not going to be around for a bit.

:wink:

btw, if i've offended you because you're either a gangster or a rudeboi, I apologise.

if you want to submit an alternative guide or hit me with some lyrics DJ, feel free.

:wink:

peace.
Baadshah
1) Don't flash your valuables (obvious really)

2) Don't go down the street making loads of noise as it will attract not only gangsters but police too.....

3) If you see a gangster etc, don't look at them in the eye, because, due to the fact they're bored most of the time, just to get kicks they'll get all stressed because by looking at them you've disrespected their airspace. So don't give them 'evils' because they'll get all anal about it.

4) Don't talk to them. Just don't

5) Don't randomly go to the 'worst parts'. If you can avoid them, do so.

6) And this is the definate no go. DON'T DON'T impersonate them if they're within earshot. Bad, bad, bad idea, not that i've done it....lol

And lastly gangsters and rudeboi's are two different breeds. Annoy a gangster and you'll get shot. Annoy a rudeboi, he'll rap at you, make a load of random hand gestures and you can just laugh at them. Or rap back if you feel up to it. Just don't come out with a load of dry lyrics or the jokes on you.

Any questions? safe bluds...ruspect.

feel free to post your own advice/experiences.

Baadshah. :wink:

this is utter trash! even if people were to take your advice, how would one know what a 'gangster' looked like? do they wear their hats at a particular tilt, or have a lavender armband around their right arm, or only speak in rhyming couplets? this has got to be the worst piece of 'advice' i've ever heard!
Reply 7
Gangsters. Lolz. London does have many unsavoury figures, but you're living in a bit of a gangster fantasy land. Theft is quite regular though, and it's important you mentioned about keeping your valuables hidden.

London's just like any big city, all you need to enjoy your time here is a bit of common sense.

Keep to yourself and try to go home with friends. I doubt anyone's going to visit a hardcore council estate in Hackney just for jokes.
Reply 8
pratikv
this is utter trash! even if people were to take your advice, how would one know what a 'gangster' looked like? do they wear their hats at a particular tilt, or have a lavender armband around their right arm, or only speak in rhyming couplets? this has got to be the worst piece of 'advice' i've ever heard!

LOOOOOOOOOL!

This is the real Badshaah now. My mate at work, while I've been at a meeting for ages, posted the 'safety' article.

Quite funny though considering she's never been to London and knows nothing about any of this. lol.

and she managed to get dj nastie banned somehow as well. lol

ah well, mental note: don't leave the cpu on while i'm gone.

now what to do to her....lol
Reply 9
yea, im really banned =/
Reply 10
Dj Nastie
yea, im really banned =/
Not just yet, but you will be soon at this rate.
Reply 11
hows that?
Cos you're gay.

Baadshahshahdbnabdja...have you previously studid at UCL? :confused:
Reply 13
^ im not gay, i like and **** women.

Latest

Trending

Trending