The Student Room Group

What's the most sociable Uni in Scotland

..and how socialable is it? I imagine it'll be between Glasgow and Edinburgh..

And also what halls is the best to be in if you're into drinking/parties/clubs/gigs etc.
Reply 1
Glasgow or Strathclyde, from what I've heard.
Murano at Glasgow, Chancellors (although I may be wrong here) at Strathy.
I know Stirling has nowhere near the clubs/social scene that Glasgow (I'm from Glasgow, so I definitely know) or Edinburgh for example. But one of the advantages are that it's a relatively small uni, so no matter what club/pub you're in you meet people that you know! It's very sociable for a little place! =)
Reply 3
I I'm orginally from Edinburgh where there's lots of clubs and pubs and quite a big social scene but i agree with what LaPetiteSirene said in that Stirling is also a sociable place but for different reasons!
Reply 4
Strathclyde and Dundee have had the best banter when we (stirling peeps) were getting pissed with them .
Reply 5
So any Glasgow/Edinburgh uni really?
Reply 6
Any uni's sociable as long as you make an attempt to be social, and get yourself a good group of friends.
Glasgow or Edinburgh have plenty of nightlife. Stirling has a really nice campus but it's a bit remote being outside Stirling and near Bridge of Allan, neither of which are hotbeds of activity.
Reply 8
Totally agree with Neon there! It's really about what you make of the whole experience, so yeah Stirling doesnt have as big a night life scene as Glasgow or Edinburgh but i've made a really good group of friends here who always have a laugh on a night out!
Reply 9
Depends on what sort of thing you like doing really. Both are sociable, but in different ways.
I prefer Glasgow night life to Edinburgh no end, more down to earth - Edinburgh can be a bit like a little England, its pretty posh too...go to their open days if they havent already passed...I think the Glasgow one has been.
Reply 10
Aberdeen is good too =)
Dundee is definitely up there. It is has a massive student population but is only a small city which means everything is set-up for students. It has the official best nightclub in Scotland, lots of good pubs and a well renouned live music scene.

Quick Reply

Latest