The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3140
Hey guys. :smile:
Recovery is so difficult >.< It's probably a little young to say this but I honestly think it is the most difficult thing I will ever do in my life!
Anyhow, I am making the gargantuan effort to get better, and am back with my boyfriend. He kissed the scars on my wrists and it was so cute :cute:
BUT BUT BUT the main thing is that I am very proud today because not only did I eat an apple, but I ate it in front of him!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I was shaking like a leaf but he nearly died of joy haha.
Original post by Riku
The setlist was ridiculously good! :eek: Had they have played We Are Godzilla, You're Japan as well I would've wept tears of pure joy. It's a contender for my best. gig. EVARRR.

Nah. I have a gig which tops that. One of the band members went crowd surfing, front row got fed and watered - LITERALLY. that reminds me, still need to get the biscuit crumbs off my corset. And for the encore, we managed to sing the last song without her opening her mouth; well we'd sang the first verse word perfect, she then asks, I'm not actually needed am I?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Etoile
Recovery is so difficult >.< It's probably a little young to say this but I honestly think it is the most difficult thing I will ever do in my life!
Anyhow, I am making the gargantuan effort to get better, and am back with my boyfriend. He kissed the scars on my wrists and it was so cute :cute:
BUT BUT BUT the main thing is that I am very proud today because not only did I eat an apple, but I ate it in front of him!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I was shaking like a leaf but he nearly died of joy haha.

Well done! So proud, and it's great that he's back with you because I think that having someone that loves you regardless is really important and it helps you get better. x
Original post by Etoile

Nice one bro. TSR won't let me +rep you :frown:
Reply 3144
Original post by .snowflake.
Nah. I have a gig which tops that. One of the band members went crowd surfing, front row got fed and watered - LITERALLY. that reminds me, still need to get the biscuit crumbs off my corset. And for the encore, we managed to sing the last song without her opening her mouth; well we'd sang the first verse word perfect, she then asks, I'm not actually needed am I?

Well the front got watered but fed as well, that quite literally takes the biscuit :redface:...Emilie Autumn by any chance? (wild guess by the fact you decided to wear a corset to it :tongue:)
Original post by Riku
Well the front got watered but fed as well, that quite literally takes the biscuit :redface:...Emilie Autumn by any chance? (wild guess by the fact you decided to wear a corset to it :tongue:)

Yes. Front row, AGAIN. I've held EA's hand, rat tail x2, been smacked in the face with her ribbons during dita, 'shot' by aprella, and bitch please, I've kissed Veronica. If this is the bit you admit you're a muffin, I'm just going to silently squee, make rat claws and make a mental note to meet this guy.
Reply 3146
Original post by Etoile
x

Amazing, well done hun :smile:

and Riku :hugs:

---

Had a burger, and lots of cocktails and wonderful things because treats are great and we all deserve them :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Can I just say this, Green and Blacks chocolate is amazing.
Reply 3148
Yes. Front row, AGAIN. I've held EA's hand, rat tail x2, been smacked in the face with her ribbons during dita, 'shot' by aprella, and bitch please, I've kissed Veronica. If this is the bit you admit you're a muffin, I'm just going to silently squee, make rat claws and make a mental note to meet this guy.

How to put this...I'm a muffin in the baking process :wink:
Hi everyone. I'm just wanting to ask a cautious questions and I hope this doesn't belittle or offend anyone!

On a day to day basis I have a certain level of sickness. I in general feel sick all the time. I dread eating because it makes me feel worse, and afterwards I feel even more sick. I don't know whats causing this feeling of being sick. I went to the doctors about it because I've lost 20lbs through not eating much and feeling sick and they did blood tests and my prolactin levels have come back abnormal and I'm seeing a endocrinologist in a few days, but I'm just wondering could this be a psychological thing this feeling sick? Has anyone heard of it before? Trying to think of everything possible so I can get this cured.

Thanks
Original post by Riku
How to put this...I'm a muffin in the baking process :wink:

So you like her, but arent mad enough to risk passing out/ bruised ribs to get front row?
Reply 3151
So you like her, but arent mad enough to risk passing out/ bruised ribs to get front row?

Oh, I'm mad enough alright. That's the problem :colone:
Original post by Riku
Oh, I'm mad enough alright. That's the problem :colone:

It's much easier to enter the asylum that it is to get out... :P
I had such a mentally-healthy (with a horrible chest infection) Easter holiday and then I went and had a stupid dream and I'm ready to rip off my skin. I'ma spoiler the rest in case of triggers (and me being irrationally mean about the person I dreamt about).

Spoiler

UGH UGH UGH. Why am I such an awful person?
Original post by LaBelleEtLeBete
I had such a mentally-healthy (with a horrible chest infection) Easter holiday and then I went and had a stupid dream and I'm ready to rip off my skin. I'ma spoiler the rest in case of triggers (and me being irrationally mean about the person I dreamt about).

Spoiler

UGH UGH UGH. Why am I such an awful person?

-hugging- You're not a bad person. My eating has also gone to ****. Eat loads, feel like ****. Eat hardly anything, feel like **** and then suffer with the most horrendous stomach pains going. AAAnd I've a speaking exam tomorrow where if I get asked about the causes of eating disorders it may well quite quickly turn into me admitting to sir that I'm starving again - the second I use wir (we) instead of sie (they) and that its his sarky remark the fri before last about what I ate/ didnt eat that's set me off this time. The fact I'm feeling so guilty when I'm eating so little terrifies me, because I've never gone from eating like a normal person to eating less than half my BMR so quickly.
Original post by Anonymous
This may be a big trigger. So don't read if you know it may trigger or scare you. Your all amazing and need to keep on getting healthy :smile:

Spoiler

When you are hungry, you go for things with loads of sugar. Like you, I cannot eat a full meal without worrying about what I have eaten.

If you are starving yourself, your body stores any calories consumed as fat, as you are in starvation mode. This is probably what is happening. I have a healthy BMI, but I am not happy about my weight at all. How many calories are you having per day?

If you want any advice/someone to talk to (this goes for anybody on here), please feel free to PM me. If you don't want to reply on the thread, please private message me.
-hugging- You're not a bad person. My eating has also gone to ****. Eat loads, feel like ****. Eat hardly anything, feel like **** and then suffer with the most horrendous stomach pains going. AAAnd I've a speaking exam tomorrow where if I get asked about the causes of eating disorders it may well quite quickly turn into me admitting to sir that I'm starving again - the second I use wir (we) instead of sie (they) and that its his sarky remark the fri before last about what I ate/ didnt eat that's set me off this time. The fact I'm feeling so guilty when I'm eating so little terrifies me, because I've never gone from eating like a normal person to eating less than half my BMR so quickly.

Aww, :hugs: just stay sane until your exams are over! From this thread (and the fact that you're doing A-level German- languages go wayyy over my head. I took French for eleven years (from five to sixteen) and all I can do is order food, say my name and sing kids songs) you seem to be ridiculously intelligent so you'll ace everything!
I honestly think that eating less just makes the guilt so much worse, because your food starved brain goes all irrational.
Aww, :hugs: just stay sane until your exams are over! From this thread (and the fact that you're doing A-level German- languages go wayyy over my head. I took French for eleven years (from five to sixteen) and all I can do is order food, say my name and sing kids songs) you seem to be ridiculously intelligent so you'll ace everything!
I honestly think that eating less just makes the guilt so much worse, because your food starved brain goes all irrational.

I did french for 6 weeks at the age of eleven. I can still remember a tiny little bit. My accent is awful though. Languages up until GCSE are absolutely rubbish imo. In my AS year, I learnt more in the two terms with sir than I did in the entire previous 4 years.
The thing is, this exam is a resit, so i desperately want to go in there and nail it, get full raw marks in this exam and come out with full UMS in the AS level, to make up for the fact I did so **** last time. 37UMS in my speaking, 35 was the boundry for a C. Got a middling C in the written paper. didnt help that I sat it with an ear infection, which made the listening an absolute arse and clearly ended up writing absolute garbage for the essay 19/35. The worst one I handed in in class 22/35, which sir had a talk with me about it.
I did french for 6 weeks at the age of eleven. I can still remember a tiny little bit. My accent is awful though. Languages up until GCSE are absolutely rubbish imo. In my AS year, I learnt more in the two terms with sir than I did in the entire previous 4 years.
The thing is, this exam is a resit, so i desperately want to go in there and nail it, get full raw marks in this exam and come out with full UMS in the AS level, to make up for the fact I did so **** last time. 37UMS in my speaking, 35 was the boundry for a C. Got a middling C in the written paper. didnt help that I sat it with an ear infection, which made the listening an absolute arse and clearly ended up writing absolute garbage for the essay 19/35. The worst one I handed in in class 22/35, which sir had a talk with me about it.

How did the exam go?
How did the exam go?

what a Faff. First time, got nearly all the way through the exam. Laptop crashed and stopped recording. So had to come back later to redo the entire exam again with two new stimulus cards. Got originally told, come back a 3.05, then got told 3.45, then eventually dragged out of biology at half 3. Stimulus cards the second time were awful.

Quick Reply

Latest