The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
how good is oxford brookes compared to other univesities??
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 41
mfkhan91
how good is oxford brookes compared to other univesities??

Well for a start it's in the top 15 for teaching (source: Sunday Times University Guide 2007) out of over 120 higher education institutions.
Reply 42
That's a slightly vague question tbh... be more specific and I'll help....
Reply 43
well.. to be more specific.
is it seen as a well respected univeristy for business? and where is it in the univeristy rankings.
generally, how does it compare to other univertisties throughout the uk.
better??
Reply 44
I'm in the business school. I have found the teaching to be of a very high standard generally.

Do NOT pay too much attention to uni rankings. They do not tell half the truth, and fail to accomodate for many aspects that make universities great. Brookes is in the top 50 according to the latest figures.

If you want an indicator of how good the uni is, perhaps match Brookes' entry requirements with a few other unis to get a picture of whereabouts Brookes is.
Reply 45
Ah, nice one.
thanks for the help, i appreciate it.
Reply 46
Hey, I am also planning to apply to Oxford Brookes for business, already done my IB so if I do get a offer it ll b unconditional, also will be applying to Exeter Kent Lancaster and so wanted to know how is the business school? Steezy20 already said that the teachin is of high standard was wondering how is the campus where the business school is situated. How are the sports facilities. And also is there a boxing club I know Oxford Uni. have one but does anyone know if Oxford Brookes have one? Thank you and sorry for soo many questions.
Reply 47
Business School is situated at Wheatley, which is a 15 minute bus ride away from the the main campus.
Sports facilities at Wheatlye are limited to floodlit pitches for basketball, tennis, football, netball etc. At gispy lane however, there are floodlit pitches and the main sports centre, which has a gym, squash courts, badminton courts... loads things to do... plus there's a bar there as well. I have absolutely no clue about a boxing club tbh. If there isn't one at Brookes, I'm sure there'd be one nearby.

Latest