The Student Room Group

Economics at Birmingham

Hi I'm in year 12 doing Econ math chem and geog. I wu Luke to know if Birmingham uni is really competitive for economics an if the course has lots of maths in it. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can you stop reposting similar threads, just ask questions within the original thread you have created, there is no need to make multiple threads. There is a lot of posts already out there about relative competitiveness (check out the TAELT).
Reply 2
Hi tateco u need to chill but by the way wot subjects r u doing.
Seeing as Birmingham is part of the Russell Group, I think it is decent :smile:
Reply 4
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by eco123
Hi I'm in year 12 doing Econ math chem and geog. I wu Luke to know if Birmingham uni is really competitive for economics an if the course has lots of maths in it. Thanks

If you inform us of your GCSE results.
Grades at AS Levels and predicted.
We will be in a better situation to inform you on the likeliness of an offer.
Reply 6
Original post by dealoftheday
Seeing as Birmingham is part of the Russell Group, I think it is decent :smile:

Completely irrelevant.
Reply 7
Original post by eco123
Hi tateco u need to chill but by the way wot subjects r u doing.

I am chilled out, look in my signature and you will see that I'm doing Biology chemistry maths and economics and am taking further maths AS next year and probably dropping biology.
Reply 8
Thanks . I got a* aaaabbcd at gcse but got 2 as in jan exam
Maths- 90
Chem80 ums.
I am also self teaching economic which may help and am hoping of doin fm next year
Thanks alot.
Reply 9
Original post by eco123
Thanks . I got a* aaaabbcd at gcse but got 2 as in jan exam
Maths- 90
Chem80 ums.
I am also self teaching economic which may help and am hoping of doin fm next year
Thanks alot.

How come you're only doing two subjects in school? Anyway, those four subjects are strong, just make sure you try and get all As at AS and all A predictions for A2 and I'm sure Birmingham is more than within reach
Original post by tateco
How come you're only doing two subjects in school? Anyway, those four subjects are strong, just make sure you try and get all As at AS and all A predictions for A2 and I'm sure Birmingham is more than within reach

Birmingham requires AAB and York is AAA-AAB for 2012. How would these two compare for Economics?
Reply 11
Birmingham has moved all economics courses to AAA for 2012 it's in their new prospectus but not the website as of yet.
Original post by maximus140
Birmingham has moved all economics courses to AAA for 2012 it's in their new prospectus but not the website as of yet.

Allright, but how do they compare?
Reply 13
i aint im doing 3 subjects in skool and `1 outside
thanks for the advice . im doin geog inside as well as maths and chem
Reply 14
Original post by eco123

I applied to Bham this year. GCSEs: A*A*AAAAA and Distinction* in BTEC Business.

AS levels: AAAA - exact same subjects as you.
Predicted grades: A*A*AB (B chem) and a in AS further maths

Rejected by Bham. Helpful?
Reply 15
r u being serious..
do u think i should drop chem and do further maths.
Reply 16
YES, if you can handle doing it all in one year
Reply 17
thanks for the advice man
what uni are you going to then and what course????
Reply 18
industrial eco at notts
Reply 19
I know people that got offers from LSE and Oxford for Econ but, didn't get into Birmingham.
So I'd say it's pretty competitive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending