The Student Room Group

WTF is ASDAN / CoPE ???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ASDAN was what all the special needs kids did at my school. And those who couldn't be arsed making an effort in school, bad kids etc.
Original post by williamleonard
CoPE is a qualification run by ASDAN* and my school run it at both KS4/KS5. Although it is normally aimed at the under-achievers. (Not a bad thing!) And for all the people who called it "Spazdan" or whatever it's called... why did you pick it?

No hate. :smile:

the first 6th form i went to made everyone who hadn't got all a*'s and a's at gcse do cope
I received a Level 2 Asdan Qualification last year along with A-Levels, could someone pleaseee tell me if Level 2 is worth any UCAS points and if so how many?? Thank you :smile:
Original post by williamleonard
How annoying!!! I'm lucky my Sixth Form doesn't do that, they don't even make us do Extended Project or General Studies. :P

it was, which is why i was glad i left before we had to hand it in
Reply 24
THANK GOD, Im not the only one whos school is making them do this qualification. TBH, I don't even know what it is. They are making us do it in the Social Studies lesson, which is another pointless subject. They just slung it together as our school has no RE teacher or citizenship teacher, so they combined the subject can called it this.

Do colleges/sixth forms accept it and do I say its a BTEC or say its a CoPE?
Reply 25
My stepdaughter is not doing g c s e she's doing asdan qualifications, how credible are these going forward?
Reply 26
In my school (wales) they start this at Year 8 and finish it in year 9. It was a complete waste of time as no one has really heard of it and it is not a respected qualification
my school does it as well but only for the lower level students.
Yep guys their still doing it ime in year 10 and i have one lesson a week on Thursdays and it seams to me its a bunch of crap so

R.I.P my life for now

Wish me luck

this post was uploaded on 7/1/2017
Reply 29
Original post by liam1994
Does anybody here actually do Certificate of Personal Effectivness (CoPE) by ASDAN???:confused:

Because I swear my school is the only to do it! it is so pointless!

There is levels 1, 2 and 3 I think...

2 = Grade B GCSE
3 = 70 UCAS points
(if you pass ofc, which you will because a toddler could do it)

But no universities have even bloody heard of it before!

Even if you are a pure A grade student, you still have to do it, ridiculous! :frown:

:cockup:

- Really worth a neg rep? lololololol

Asdan is not then name dip **** it's CoPE OK and is for business not uni
In my school it's for people predicted F, G and U grades at GCSE, and for those with severe special needs who can't cope. I have no idea why you are doing it alongside A levels
Actually it's for those who want to learn first aid and work skills ,you get to do retail skills with work experience placements ,cooking,Budgeting etc ,researching projects and artistic projects as well as trips,it's exactly like health and social care in the way it's a btec but the Asdan-Pass course is actually more difficult because at the end of it ,2 folders are selected at random and if they don't pass,the whole class fails,if they pass then so does the rest of that class.So you have to make sure that everyone's folders are in check.
Damn right you are, CoPE was really the biggest and unexpected lifesaver. Without it, I could have never met the UCAS entry requirements for HnD.

CoPe is the right term btw.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending