The Student Room Group

UCAS messup

Okay so one of my universities rejected me for not sending them pre-interview work (to which i did) i contacted them, got asked bring the work in again and thats all done. Who do i contact to get to change the decisions as its not correct, UCAS or the University?
Reply 1
Original post by Aarroonnn
Okay so one of my universities rejected me for not sending them pre-interview work (to which i did) i contacted them, got asked bring the work in again and thats all done. Who do i contact to get to change the decisions as its not correct, UCAS or the University?

The university admissions office
Reply 2
The University, UCAS doesn't having anything to do with the decisions so the university would have to tell them to change the decision when they send the new decision. 'm guessing if they've already told you to just re-send the work though that you don't really need to tell them, you just have to wait for them to make their decision at which time they'll update UCAS
Reply 3
Original post by Fraine
The University, UCAS doesn't having anything to do with the decisions so the university would have to tell them to change the decision when they send the new decision. 'm guessing if they've already told you to just re-send the work though that you don't really need to tell them, you just have to wait for them to make their decision at which time they'll update UCAS

But surely i should try and get them to change it from unsuccessful before they make a decission incase they think they've already rejected me and im just handing it in again for the sake of it (they're not known for their good admin dept)
Reply 4
But surely i should try and get them to change it from unsuccessful before they make a decission incase they think they've already rejected me and im just handing it in again for the sake of it (they're not known for their good admin dept)

You can contact them again if you want, no harm in just putting your mind at ease, I was just guessing that it would already be on your file that the works been re-sent in and that a decision hasn't been made on it yet, as if it's anything like my university they normally keep a record of any contact that's happened, just cause's there so many different staff who students could possibly ring up and talk to they have to keep some track of what's been going on.

Presumably you gave them some kind of information and reference to calls with a particular member of staff when you sent the replacement work? If you haven't heard anything from them by next week (once we're over with Easter) contact them again to ask what the status of your application is. They have until 6th May to make a decision on it, assuming you applied before the January deadline.
Reply 6
Original post by oxymoronic
Presumably you gave them some kind of information and reference to calls with a particular member of staff when you sent the replacement work? If you haven't heard anything from them by next week (once we're over with Easter) contact them again to ask what the status of your application is. They have until 6th May to make a decision on it, assuming you applied before the January deadline.

I was only told to bring in the work again and hand it into the courses office they have, to which i did and when i handed it in i mentioned my situation they said they'd give it to the course team and make sure they get it, and i got a receipt. I did apply before the deadline, but if there is any hope of getting in id also need to have an interview (its a creative course), so not looking good as its so close to the deadline, but they said they're still reviewing so i'm not sure if they're sticking to that deadline, so im not sure whether its worth worrying about my ucas status just yet as i don't know how long theyre gonna take to review my work.

I was only told to bring in the work again and hand it into the courses office they have, to which i did and when i handed it in i mentioned my situation they said they'd give it to the course team and make sure they get it, and i got a receipt. I did apply before the deadline, but if there is any hope of getting in id also need to have an interview (its a creative course), so not looking good as its so close to the deadline, but they said they're still reviewing so i'm not sure if they're sticking to that deadline, so im not sure whether its worth worrying about my ucas status just yet as i don't know how long theyre gonna take to review my work.

They have to stick to the UCAS deadline in this case - the one in March was just a general guidance once which they didn't have to meet but the one in May is the actual deadline. Any unanswered applications by 6th May will be automatically put through as unsuccessful by UCAS and the universities/applicants can not do anything about it as they've missed the decision boat. Therefore, you need to ensure that they are actively considering your application alongside the remaining ones as otherwise they might run out of time. Given the time frames involved, I wouldn't say it would be unreasonable for you to chase it up if you hadn't heard anything by next week (26th/27th) as this then gives them a week to arrange an interview if they want to give you one.

This is a Route A course, I'm assuming?
Reply 8
Original post by oxymoronic
They have to stick to the UCAS deadline in this case - the one in March was just a general guidance once which they didn't have to meet but the one in May is the actual deadline. Any unanswered applications by 6th May will be automatically put through as unsuccessful by UCAS and the universities/applicants can not do anything about it as they've missed the decision boat. Therefore, you need to ensure that they are actively considering your application alongside the remaining ones as otherwise they might run out of time. Given the time frames involved, I wouldn't say it would be unreasonable for you to chase it up if you hadn't heard anything by next week (26th/27th) as this then gives them a week to arrange an interview if they want to give you one.

This is a Route A course, I'm assuming?

Yep it is. They did say they were still reviewing, but i don't know what they're doing. They do have a very bad reputation with sort of thing though so it's not surprising. Ah ok, i will be pursuing them but whatever happens i've got some good places to go to, thankyou very much. But also they've given someone else i spoke to 3 weeks to send them their project (some time this week i think it was), so that wouldnt pan out very well either.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending