The Student Room Group

how to approach case studies

Hi

What is a good way to approach business studies case study questions so that when answering questions on it I'm not just looking for the relevant section?

I'm trying to make notes on the different themes, but I struggle to bring it all together in the answers.
Reply 1
are you doing edexcel economics and business 4b by any chance?
BBC case study?
Reply 2
No, sorry. It's actually university level, but I've been out of education for a bit. I vaguely remember doing a case study at A level, but the teacher nornally takes you through it.
Reply 3
ohh :frown:
Reply 4
need help me self
wat case study u doing for business studies?
Reply 5
Original post by tajmahal
ohh :frown:

im doing the bbc case study thing .. how you finding it?
Reply 6
Original post by Dill29
im doing the bbc case study thing .. how you finding it?

ohh...someone to share my pain... :redface:
im a bit clueless abt it...pm me your msn or anything similar so we can help each other out :tongue:
Reply 7
Oh my god ! I'm doing the edexcel case study as well , please help me out ! It is a killer !! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by katiesmith
Oh my god ! I'm doing the edexcel case study as well , please help me out ! It is a killer !! :smile:

u done with unit 3?
in terms of revision...
Reply 9
I did unit 3 in january , so it's just the unit 4 paper for me now... How about you ?
Reply 10
I did unit 3 in january , so it's just the unit 4 paper for me now... How about you ?

im doing both this month :confused:
how are u getting along?
i can't actually find a way to study this..:redface:
Reply 11
Hey guys I've little question regarding the unit 4a paper. Since the case study is released earlier does edexcel post it individual candidates or what? I have the case study with the past papers (jan 2011). Am I suppose to get it mailed to me or do they give it at the exam?
Reply 12
Original post by DJ1292
Hey guys I've little question regarding the unit 4a paper. Since the case study is released earlier does edexcel post it individual candidates or what? I have the case study with the past papers (jan 2011). Am I suppose to get it mailed to me or do they give it at the exam?

its online...edexcel website
there will be an additional unseen evidence which will come with the paper...
hope that helps :rolleyes:
Reply 13
I found that the unit 3 paper was actually really good.. Quite blagable .. But unit 4.. Not so much !! I have no idea what the big questions might be... Do you guys know?
Reply 14
Reply 15
anyone want to discuss and revise for this paper together?
(ie chat or skype)
Reply 16
anyone want to discuss and revise for this paper together?
(ie chat or skype)

I don't have skype but defo chat !!
Reply 17
I don't have skype but defo chat !!

:smile: pm me ur id :wink:
Reply 18
:smile: pm me ur id :wink:

What did you get in the exam ? so sorry we didn't chat about the exam.. wish we did !! x
Reply 19
What did you get in the exam ? so sorry we didn't chat about the exam.. wish we did !! x

dont know yet...
i need to check that...
should have got a B minimum overall coz it gained me a place into uni.. :smile:
wbu?

Quick Reply